Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Day Dedicated to the Mamas Out There

Although one of my kids is only a 9-week old fetus, I celebrated today as a mom of two. I have a life inside of me, so he/she got to be with me the entire day.

Making me feel nauseous and tired, to boot!

I had a hormonal pregnancy break down last night, basically threatening Aaron, "You better have done something for me tomorrow! This is a BIG Mother's Day for me!" He just took it all in, knowing full well what he had up his sleeves. (I'm sorry, honey!)

I feel like a complete and utter fool to allow for that break down to happen, to not put confidence in my caring husband and his huge heart. He has always been so good to me and has an amazing ability to surprise even a nosey snoop like myself.

So, when I woke up this morning, after whispering, "Happy Mother's Day" to me, he told me there was something waiting for me in the kitchen.

You better believe I jumped out of bed and ran down the hall.

And this is what I saw when I turned the corner into the kitchen.


A beautifully framed picture of our beautiful Ella Bella!

Taped to the frame was a poem that I had to sit down and read because the tears started flowing after the first couple lines.  It read:

These past few years've,
Been awfully rough.
Lots of times when,
I didn't love you enough.
I wasn't strong,
When you needed me to be.
But you held on,
Even though giving up would have been so easy.
And now a dream is real,
A living human being!
Who knew a new life,
Was such a beautiful thing?
And even though we have days,
That seem more "off" than "on."
I know you're the only one,
With whom I share this common bond.
And never have a doubt,
My dedication is cement.
There is nothing and no one,
Who could break this covenant.
I love you forever, forever's not enough.
With you there will always, ALWAYS be love love.


Happy Mother's Day, Nink!


So after the hugs (no kisses - morning breath!), he brought me into the family room where he had another framed picture!


What a little angel face!

So, you can imagine with these bad boys adding to our already Ella-adorned walls, that we have very little wall space left for when #2 comes around. I'm sure we'll manage something once the time comes, though. :)

Overall, it was a wonderful Mother's Day. Very relaxing, low key and homey - just what this mama needed!

4 comments:

Life Happens said...

What great mother's day gifts of beautiful Ella! And the poem was the icing on the cake. What a great hubby!

I'm so glad you had a great day. Happy Mother's Day mommy of 2!!

Jessica White said...

What a beautiful gift: The picture and the poem!

You do that too huh? The break down about something and the hubby stands there knowing he's already got it in the bag lol I'm always doing that. I'm glad you had such a beautiful mother's day.

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What a wonderful Mothers Day gift! The picture is adorable!

Crossing My Fingers said...

What an awesome hub to write the poem!!! Love the pics too.