Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Can't Stop Smiling

I got to see our baby today! My heart was beating a mile a minute as the image came up on the screen. Not knowing what to expect to see, how much bigger the baby would be, if a flickering heart would be easily visible...scaring myself with every mom-to-be's worst case scenarios...but every worst case scenario quickly dismissed when I saw our baby!



Aaron and I are thrilled beyond words' description with how well he/she is doing!

I'm 9 weeks 3 days pregnant today, and the baby measured at 9 weeks 2 days +/- 3 days, so right on track!

The heart beat came in at a strong, healthy, booming 170 bmp. Our doctor even put the speaker on really loud, so the priceless sound echoed through the entire room. Tears! Goosebumps! I tell ya, the whole works!

I think my all-time favorite, though, was seeing him/her squirm around in there. The hips were moving to and fro, the arms were flailing about. The alien-sized head was bouncing from left to right. The legs were tucked under, so we didn't see any tap dancing today. :)

And, to top it all off, our OB-GYN, Dr. Palitz, is awesome!!! Meeting a brand spankin' new OB-GYN after leaving the comfort of my infertility clinic that knows me through and through was hard, but the second I stepped in and spoke with the receptionist, I knew I was led to the right place. My doctor is amazing! He walked in with jeans and a half-marathon shirt on, completely laid back and easy-going...exactly what this high strung, overly questioning, relentless mama needs.

And, being a sole practitioner for many, many years has given him the opportunity to see and experience all things pregnancy, all things baby, and all things delivery, which is so comforting for me. And, with all that experience comes a knack for guessing a baby's sex early on. So, you can imagine when he blurted out, "I think it's a boy," we were a little taken aback.

"What??? How do you know?"

"I think I can see a little something, but it's hard to see a little something when your baby is so tiny. But, I'm gonna put in your charts boy with a question mark."

Aaron still believes the baby is a girl. Daddy always knows. After all, he was so confident Ella was going to be a girl that he went and bought a pink Baby Gap jumpsuit before finding out Ella was a girl!

Dr. Palitz said everything is just as it should be and the chance of miscarriage is very, very low now. He said he doesn't witness many miscarriages at all after seeing what he saw today. Music to my ears.

We left the office with two big bags filled with baby magazines, pregnancy journals, free samples, and a confidence in our step as we held hands, smiling from ear to ear, soaking in how truly blessed we are.

13 comments:

B- said...

Such great news! So happy for you!

Faith makes things possible said...

Congrats!! So exciting!!

Triple Threat said...

So exciting!! Did he mention if you should continue with the Progesterone Shots too? When do you go back to see him again?

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

Amazing, amazing! What a great appointment!! Sounds like you have a great doctor!

Hillary said...

Congratulations! What amazing good news and awesome pictures! Those are the most adorable ultrasound pictures!

Lots of Love! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Congrats a thousand times over. What a TRUE miracle!!!

Bridget said...

what a beautiful little baby! So glad you like your Dr, he sounds awesome!

Rach said...

What a great visit! A boy would be exciting! Cant wait to find out who is right!!

Coakley's Journey said...

such great news......cant wati to find out boy/girl?

Jessica said...

So VERY beautiful and sweet! Can't wait to learn more. Blessings and joy to you!

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic news... lovely to see photos of your little one :)) xoxo

Jessica White said...

YAY! I'm glad everything was looking good :-)

Brandi Hudack said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm not far behind you at 9 weeks on Friday! I can't wait to keep following along.