Friday, May 20, 2011

11 Weeks

How Far Along: I don't know how it's possible, but I'm already 11 weeks along!

Size of Baby: He/she is the size of a lime! I smiled when I passed the limes in the produce section this week. :)

Picture of Baby: None this week. My next ultrasound is scheduled for Monday, June 6th.

11 Weeks: Baby Johnson, about 2 inches long, is now almost fully formed. His/Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under his/her gums, and some of his/her bones are beginning to harden.  He/She is already busy kicking and stretching, and his/her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as his/her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. I won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that his/her diaphragm is forming. (Information from BabyCenter's website).

Maternity Clothes: Still need to get more. I know, I lied about getting some last weekend. I just didn't get around to it!

Weight Gain: Same as before.

Belly Pic: No belly pic this week. Not enough of a change to document.

Stretch Marks: None from this pregnancy...yet!

Sleep: I love it, but this past week my sleep was intermittent and not too enjoyable. I'd have to pee, then I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. And, I consistently woke up at 4:00 a.m., and didn't fall back asleep until Aaron's alarm went off!

Best Moment of the Week: Hmmmm...there was no true pregnancy highlight this week. I believe I felt the baby move this morning because I felt a tickle / flutter right where the baby is that lasted 15 seconds or so. And, the only reason I would recognize this sensation is because I've been pregnant before. I remember Ella's first movements feeling similar. I realize it's really early, but hey...you never know! :)

Movement: Read above.

Symptoms: Energy is slowly coming back. I don't remember being this energy-less with my first pregnancy, but I think it's because I didn't have a 4-year old to keep up with then. The main symptom I'm still experiencing is nausea and throwing up. I can just think about tasting or smelling something and I will throw up. Aaron calls it, "Throw up on demand." He thinks it's so funny that he brought something to my mind last night, and I literally ran to the kitchen sing and threw up a bit. Also, one morning at work, I spent a good portion of the morning running back and forth from my office to the bathroom. Thank goodness I work in a small office with a bathroom nearby! :)

Food Cravings: Corn dogs. I don't know why.

Gender: Can't wait to find out! :) We have names picked out for both genders.

What I Miss: Coffee! While making my boss coffee in the morning, the smell totally reminds me of how much I miss my morning cup of coffee.

What I'm Looking Forward to: A day without throwing up once. Has yet to happen since I've been about 5 weeks pregnant.

Weekly Wisdom: Even when craving a food that you just gotta have, chances are you won't be able to finish it and you'll just throw it up. :)

Milestones: I'm just feeling really good about this pregnancy, and each day that passes brings me one day closer to meeting our child! I'm just so excited!

Emotions: Happy and tired, but mostly happy. :)

9 comments:

Hillary said...

How exciting to reach such fun milestones such as movement! Just think how close you are to already being in your second trimester!!

Jen said...

Hey Bobbi, just checking in to say hi and let you know that I am so happy to read your pregnancy updates! You continue to provide hope to me as I read your posts! Keep 'em coming!!

Bridget said...

Yay for 11 weeks :)

Life Happens said...

I hope the sickness ends soon. I miss feeling the 'flutter' of baby moving. :)

DandelionBreeze said...

Wow... time moves so quickly - I can remember when you first announced that you were pregnant... feels like ages ago :) Great that you're starting to feel little movements... such a lovely feeling xoxo

Becca said...

You should post more pictures of you with your pregnant belly!!!

Kristen said...

Hope that nausea ends quickly!

The2sams said...

So happy for you!!!

Daylight said...

YAY! :)