Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Little Question Never Hurt Anybody

As you all know, my first "graudated" appointment (meaning, not with my RE, but with a regular OB-GYN) was scheduled for Monday, May 16th. That didn't sit well when I made the appointment, and it still didn't sit well to this day. That would've been 3-1/2 weeks of not seeing Jelly Bean during the very vulnerable first trimester. Too long for this mama!

I figured, "What does it hurt to call and see if there happened to be any cancellations?"

I kindly reminded the receptionist that I conceived via IVF (I didn't want to say FET because I didn't know if she'd know what that meant), and that I'm really anxious to see my baby.

And, lo and behold, there is an opening on Tuesday, May 10th!!!

I realize that is only 6 days earlier, and in the grand scheme of things, what's an extra 6-day wait?

But things are different with this pregnancy.

Very, very different.

And, if I have three or four ultrasounds in my first trimester alone, then so be it! :)

6 comments:

waiting and wishing said...

I'm glad to hear you were able to get it moved up! I'm sure those extra 6 days felt like FOREVER! Only a few more days until you get to see your little jelly bean again :)

DandelionBreeze said...

Good on you for asking... not long now :) xoxo

Bridget said...

Glad you were able to get in earlier!!

Kim said...

Score! I wouldnt want to wait the extra 6 days, so glad you could sneak in an earlier appointment. xoxox

Kristen said...

I don't blame you for wanting to move it up! Now we both have big appointments on the 10th!!! ;-)

Cori said...

6 days is huge! It seems like a lifetime during your first trimester! That is so great that it worked out for you.