Monday, October 24, 2011

40 Days and 40 Nights

It rained for 40 days and 40 nights as God flooded the earth.

Jesus fasted and was tempted for 40 days in the wilderness.

I am beginning the final 40 days of my miracle pregnancy.

40 is an important number in the Bible, and today, it serves to be an important number for me, too!

My little guy will be here in 40 days!

At the end of the 40 days and nights of flooding, God displayed a rainbow, symbolizing his promise. His promise to never flood the world again.

At the end of Jesus' 40-day fast, God proved his faithfulness. As 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, God will not allow us to be tempted above our ability to resist. Or, in other words, God will not give us more than we can handle.

And, at the end of the following 40 days, on December 3rd, my son will be wrapped in my arms. My son will be living proof that with prayer, patience and perseverance, God shows himself to be faithful.

Having gone through 2-1/2 years of secondary infertility and feeling the complete hopelessness and despair that went along with it, I can now see that God truly did not give me more than I can handle. I survived, didn't I? And, God knew I'd be better for it! He knew what He was doing with my life.

With each passing month of not getting pregnant, I didn't think I could find the hope to continue trying...but I did.

I didn't think I could bounce back from our failed IVF cycle last December...but I did.

God does not break His promises. Just as he has not flooded this world again, so too has He kept His promise to never forsake us. Our own personal goals or distractions get in the way of His grand plan for each of our lives. But, if we allow for Him to take hold of the reigns and if we stop focusing on what is "wrong" in our lives, we may catch a glimpse of the beautiful truth that we serve a faithful God.

God has proved his faithfulness in my life time and time again.

And, in 40 days, I will once again see how faithful He truly is.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Love, love, LOVE this post!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post...I can hardly believe your lil guy will be here in 40 days!!! Time does fly...

Kim said...

Thank you for the reminder, it is these testements which help us waiting to remember that we must be patient and keep our faith. No need to worry right?! xoxoxox

Jody said...

Beautiful post. I'm still coming from the 40 days of rain stage - or maybe a little more than 40 days - but I'm still clinging to His promises. He is faithful!

Jessica White said...

How true it is! Soon! Soon he will be here!