These pictures are long overdue, but I just have to share them with you all. The little party coordinator in my friend had a ball planning this sailor-themed baby shower. She did a wonderful job. Each detail was carefully considered. It was so much fun having a mixture of family (from both sides) and friends from all walks of life (new and old) in the same room, sharing in this special little boy growing inside of me.
It all started when this adorable invitation arrived in the mail.
Because a good amount of people were invited, the shower was held in a reception hall at my friend's church. Perfect location.
The kid table set up with crafts and candy galore.
Delicious finger foods and homemade cupcakes that were SO GOOD!
Ella stalking the cupcakes. I can't even tell you how many times she asked if she could have another.
My beautiful mama, who was a co-hostess.
The master planner and my good friend, Theresa. What a blessing she has been in my life.
Praying before we all dug in.
I asked Aaron to come take pictures, since I figured nobody would be taking any. I'm so glad he came (although, I'm sure by the end of the time there, he had enough female intake to last him for a long time). However, as a result of Aaron being the photographer, I have A LOT of pictures of Ella. Hey, she was probably the least camera shy girl there. I wonder why?? :)
Holding one of her new favorite toys from her birthday (which we had celebrated 3 days before this shower).
Tristan is so loved by so many.
Ella was a wonderful helper opening presents with me, holding gifts up for display and "ooohing" and "awwwing" with the rest of them. :)
Tristan got so many cute outfits. He's going to be such a little stud muffin!
Ella checking the table behind her for any gifts we might've missed.
If you can't read that sticker, it says "Amazing Big Sister." That she is!
I could just eat her up in all her cuteness.
A pug...one of the many gifts Ella received this day - either for her birthday or for her becoming a big sister. Either way, it was so thoughtful for everyone to make Ella feel special, despite the shower being for her baby brother.
The frog-themed diaper cake of awesomeness! :)
Reading a card together.
"Don't wake me...I'll wake you." I plan on having him wear this his first night with us. :)
I hope you all enjoyed scrolling through the pictures. It was an amazing afternoon. I am so blessed with so many wonderful people in my life, family and friends alike, who have all been such a support as Aaron and I went through the ups and downs of conceiving this very special boy. Tristan is loved by so many already, I can't imagine what it'll be like once he's actually here!




























6 comments:
So cute! Glad you had a good shower
Great shower pics, loved that you shared them, felt like we were there with you!
What a cute theme! You look wonderful. So cute how Ella helped you with gifts!
Adorable shower theme! I love it! Ella is so cute!
What a lovely theme for your shower! You look radiant! I bet Ella can't wait to meet her baby brother. She is a doll.
Wow... what a fantastic baby shower :)) You guys do these things so much better in the US... ours are pretty low-key here usually. Love all your photos... and Ella looks adorable. Looks like you all had so much fun xoxo
Post a Comment