Friday, October 28, 2011

34 Weeks

How Far Along: 34 weeks!

Size of Baby: Tristan is almost 18 inches long and weighs about 4-3/4 pounds. Wow, he's growing like a weed in there!

Picture of Baby:  None. My next ultrasound is in a week, though.

34 Weeks: Tristan's fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. Babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies. That news makes this Mama very happy! (Information taken from BabyCenter's website).

Weight Gain: I'm gaining alright.

Belly Pic: I'll post a pic later.

Sleep: Eh. So-so. My lower back is starting to hurt now. I always wake up in the same position and I think that's tweaking up my back even more.

Best Moment of the Week: Hmmm...lots of good moments. Ella loving on Tristan. Aaron talking "whale" to him (picture Dory from "Finding Nemo"). Feeling him roll. Feeling him respond to my pokes and pushes. Feeling him predictably move around when I'm reading to Ella, after I eat anything sweet and when I'm listening to the radio loud in the car. I love how I know him so well already, without even seeing him. I told Aaron I can tell when he's about to move. It's like a feeling I have. Like an instinct. And then, whatdoyaknow...he moves!

Movement: His movement is bigger now. Not so much kicking as there are rolls and stretches. I feel him everywhere. He's one big boy. :)

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions and tightness! Oh, Lordy. I feel like I could go into labor at any moment, especially in the evenings and at night.

Food Cravings: Not craving anything. So weird! With Ella, I remember very distinct cravings, like waffles, macaroni & cheese and cake. With Tristan, nothing really.

What I Miss: Good, solid comfortable sleep.

What I'm Looking Forward to: My ultrasound next week and meeting this little man!

Weekly Wisdom: Hormones are CRAZY during pregnancy, so it's okay to cry and laugh at the same time. And no, not the I'm-crying-because-I'm-laughing-so-hard cry. The sad cry combined with the happy laugh. Craziness, I know.

Milestones: I'm 34 weeks, baby! Writing these weekly updates makes me realize just how fast a week goes by. I feel like I just wrote my 33-week update.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I laughed audibly when I read that Aaron was speaking "whale" to the baby! That's hilarious!