Saturday, October 22, 2011

Crossing Things Off the Pre-Tristan To Do List

I love making lists.

I love crossing things off lists.

I love visually seeing that a task has been completed, however small or big it may have been.

So, naturally, I made a list of things to get done before Tristan gets here.

And, also naturally, because of my pregnant disposition, a lot of these tasks have been given to Aaron by default.

Poor guy, he's putting up with a lot of "Honey, can you [fill in the blank]?" requests. He's been as patient as he can be with me, and I know (or at least I hope I know) when to back off.

But, hey, we're on a deadline here, and it would be so amazing to have everything crossed off the list before Tristan gets here because God knows it'll be much harder to get anything done once he's finally here.

In all honesty, this list should be called "Bobbi's List of Nesting Needs" or the infamous "Honey Do List." :)


There are loads and loads of fun on this list, right? Deep clean fridge? I mean, come on! There's a party right there!

And, notice Aaron's not-so-discreet addition at the bottom of the list? That's pretty much his only desired task at hand before Tristan gets here. Sleep, sleep and more sleep.

As you can see, we've got a few things done so far. And by "we," I mean "Aaron with Bobbi's very minor, almost unnoticeable, assistance." :)

This toilet paper holder was loosey goosey on our wall, and one day, after Ella decided to lean on it, it came crumbling to the ground. So, for months, we kept the toilet paper roll on our window sill and stared at a gaping hole in our wall. Aaron took it upon himself to remount it to the wall, which also included installing framing. He then had to repaint the entire bathroom because just repainting that one spot left a noticeably un-matching spot.


"We" also fixed the electric outlet in our bedroom. For years (literally since we moved in) this outlet never worked. We never took the time to see what was going on because we had many other outlets in our room that served their purpose. But, because crazy, nesting pregnant lady demands all loose ends to be completed, Aaron conquered this job as well. And, it ended up being a quick and easy fix. To think we could've had this outlet working for the past four years. Go figure!


And, lastly, "we" tackled our laundry room cabinets. We installed these doors some time ago, but they never fully closed all the way. They had little cracks. The hinges were old and didn't really allow for the doors to close all the way. So, we bought new hinges, re-mounted the doors and installed magnets to keep those suckers closed all the way, and bam! Perfection!


We also installed doorknobs, which we didn't have before. The doors are much easier to open now.


So nice!


And, while the doors were off, we took advantage of cleaning the cupboards and organizing all our cleaning products and whatever other goods we have stored in there. So neat and tidy! Makes me so happy! :)


With only a few more weekends left before Tristan's big day, I really hope I'll be able to cross more off that list of fun! I'm not going to push it, though, because Tristan is clearly telling me that he needs me to relax and let him grow right now. After all, he's gaining weight the fastest yet now, and he needs a calm, friendly, relaxed environment to do that in. :)

3 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

I'm definitely with you on wanting get through written lists of things-to-do... so satisfying :) Esp odd jobs that have been left for a long time... we have plenty of them :)) I agree with "get lots of sleep" too - precious :)) xoxo

Jessica White said...

It all looks great!

Tell Aaron he should be very grateful he isn't married to me. My list, is 4 sheets of college ruled notebook paper, front and back, 2 columns per page.

Yea...I'm a bit OCD, but I'm also really an.al about having very descriptive lists. It's not just "deep clean fridge", it would be clear at all draws of fridge, dispose of unused food, scrub shelves, etc etc etc. I am the queen of lists lol People dread seeing me come at them with one in hand.

Also, from the snippets of your house that I've seen I love your decor taste!

Kristen said...

I love checklists! In fact, if my boss gives me a deadline on something she'll be sure to check that I added it to "the list", ha!

Everything looks great! I can't believe how close he is to being here!