Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Only Thing Missing is the Baby

Tristan's nursery is as "boy" as it can get, filled with green and blue. Oh, and frogs!

I posted some pictures awhile ago of how the nursery was coming along, at which time you were exposed to our guacamole green walls.

We painted what was once our office this color, well, because we liked it. When we painted it, we hadn't really put much thought into it being a future nursery (as Ella was only 6 or 7 months old at the time), but now I'm glad we went with this very bold, very rich guacamole green color. :)

So, we worked with what we had. Green.

And, I'm very happy with the way Tristan's room turned out.

Drum roll please! Here are the pics...

The changing table, filled with diapers, books, toys and other essentials (like Desitin and gas drops!).


We got this changing table for a steal of a deal on Craigslist. Good ol' Craigslist!


Ella painted this for her baby brother. I gave her dark blue, light blue, and green paint and told her to cover all the white. I think she did a wonderful job. She says it's the earth. Then, Mommy had to go and break the glass! Oh well, it still looks good even in a glass-less frame. :)


This little frog is awesome! It lights up in blue...


...or red...


...or green stars. The stars then transfer onto the surrounding walls and ceilings. I'll take a picture when the room is dark. It looks pretty darn cool, and Ella has, in fact, stolen this frog for her room more than a few nights. :)


View of changing table from doorway.


Gotta have the diaper pail.


This picture of Tristan's dresser (also known as Aaron's childhood dresser) came out too dark. Sorry.


Gotta have the Scentsy because, if I remember correctly (and I know I do!), nurseries sometimes get a little stinky. :)


I can't wait to fill this frame with Ella and Tristan's first picture together. You can bet money that this Mommy will have tears rolling down her cheeks when they first meet. :)


Where I will be sitting many long hours feeding Tristan, loving Tristan, cuddling Tristan. Oh, I long for those moments!


And, of course, I gotta have the infamous spelling out of the baby's name! And, to add some "spice" to the corner, I brought in a plant. Aaron loves plants and he manages to keep all our house plants alive and flourishing. I feel like they add a sense of warmth and friendliness to a room.


To go along with the frog theme, we purchased this frog humidifier. It's so cute. (I put this shelf in the corner because it's heart-shaped and we simply can't have hearts in a boy's room. Haha!).



View of the crib from the doorway.


I still have to find something to hang on this wall.


Hamper. :)


View of the nursery from the doorway. Simple, almost rustic look. Definitely a warm and happy room.


Another view.


And, another view.


Hope you enjoyed the tour of the nursery! Now all the room needs is Tristan!

9 comments:

waiting and wishing said...

Cute! I can't wait to see pictures of your little man in his new room :) You're getting SO close!!!

Hillary said...

I love his room! It looks so fun and peaceful all at the same time! I have that same rocking chair for Grady and its super comfy!

xoxox

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

Very cute room! Just needs a sweet little boy! I too wonder how close in age our babies will end up! Pretty awesome we are so close together!

Rach said...

Cute! I have the same rocker with the ottoman. Love it, but I usually have to prop my arm up on the boppy.

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful!! So soothing for those upcoming late nights :)

Life Happens said...

Very cute!!! My baby is 8 months and I still don't have pics of the nursery!

Faith makes things possible said...

LOVE the nursery! One of my favorite things...the painting by the big sister! :)

Jessica White said...

Looks great Bobbi!

Kelly said...

Adorable nursery! Love the decorations!