Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tristan's Birthday Postponed

My c-section has been postponed to December 3rd now. Apparently, my infertility doctor had my due date for December 10th, but my OB-GYN has it down for December 9th. And, since the hospital I will be delivering at doesn't allow for c-sections to be scheduled before 39 weeks of pregnancy, Tristan's new and improved birthday will be December 3rd.

However, I really, honestly have a gut feeling this guy is going to come early though.

First, he's measuring 10 to 12 days ahead of schedule. Sure, even though developmentally, he's "32 weeks old" right now, his size is that of almost a "34-week old." And, I would think a bigger baby would decide to make his/her way into the world before a smaller baby. Just a thought.

Second, my Braxton Hicks contractions are getting more serious. During the day, I'm fine. For the most part, I don't feel any huge contractions, just the normal cramp/pulling/pressure. Whenever I go on walks, though, that normal cramping/pulling/pressure increases pretty substantially.

However, it's at night that concerns me. I wake up in the middle of the night with quite a bit of pain, and usually on my right side. It feels just like a contraction, it lasts for 1 to 2 minutes, and then it goes away. I've been feeling these about 2 to 3 times each night.

So, this mother's intuition is that Tristan will be born before his "scheduled birthday," and that I will go into labor in the middle of the night.

I guess we all just have to wait and see what happens. :)

3 comments:

carrie said...

I love all these updates! And I love the new blog look. You are great Bobbi and I can't wait for Tristan to arrive!

The2sams said...

Wow! There is a lot going on with you and baby T. I hate hate hate the braxton hicks contractions. They are so annoying and pretty much make you want to lie around all day. I hope for his health of course that he bakes until his new bday. :)

Triple Threat said...

Our hospital has the same rule, however they "choose" NOT to do secheduled c-sections on saturday and sundays, so in your case you would have still had 12/2. Funny how they change the rules to whatever suits them best, forget us-the people actually getting cut open and pulling human life out of us!! I'm right behind you with my c-section somwhere in the 12/15 range!