Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Aaron's Leaving on a Jet Plane

But, thankfully, I know when he'll be back again!

I'm writing this post with tears in my eyes. I just hugged Aaron goodbye (for the millionth time) for his 5-day trip up to Portland to see family. Yeah, you're probably thinking...why are you sad over just 5 days apart? I can't help it! I feel so lonely without him. Right now, knowing he's not in the house and sensing that absence makes my heart swell. I know he'll have a wonderful time in Portland and time will fly by (especially for him), but the thought of eating dinner at the table without him there, not having him around to make me feel secure at night and, even more so, helping Ella understand where Daddy is makes me wish the time to fly by even faster.

We have been telling Ella that Daddy is going on an airplane to see Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Andy. She seemed to grasp the concept of him not being here because as he tucked her in last night, she started crying and said, "I'm going to miss you so much!" Breaks my heart!

I plan on keeping busy with Ella, though, which I'm hoping will help keep her mind off missing Daddy. I'm sure she'll insist on going to the park daily, get some Jamba Juice, dance, ride our bikes...she always has plans for every minute of every day! Aaron's only instructions were to not be out once it starts getting dark...not that the daytime is any safer...

Mid-day yesterday, our nextdoor neighbors' house was broken into. The same neighbors I wrote about in the post I Held A 2-Day Old Baby Today. Theresa was only gone a little more than an hour with the kids, but when she came back, she knew someone had been in their house. Everyone is safe and only a few things (jewelry, mainly) were stolen, but the fact that this happened in broad daylight scares me! It almost seems like somebody was watching their house to know nobody was home. And it was during that hour time she was gone that I had come home for lunch from work. After hearing the news, I tried to recall noticing anything suspicious, but nothing came to mind. I pray they feel safe in their house again. That must be hard feeling secure after knowing a stranger with a malice heart strolled through their house, scoping out their belongings.

Coincidentally, the plan all along yesterday afternoon was for my dad to come over and help Aaron install a security door for the door leading from the backyard into the garage. This was the last necessary step to making our house absolutely "un-break-in-able! (or so Aaron reassures me). I have Zoe, secure windows, two security doors, locks on both gates and a cop neighbor across the street that cautiously keeps an eye on things around here. (He was at work during my other neighbor's break-in yesterday). That all makes me feel better, but having Aaron home is the most comfort for me.

Note for Aaron: You'll probably read this up in Portland, so when you do, know that I love you so much and I'm already anticipating your arrival home. Have fun with your family, soak in the cooler weather, give Hadley a squeeze from me, and rest assured in God watching over us while we are out of your care. I miss you! I will have my phone fully charged and by me at all times. :)

No comments: