Saturday, July 31, 2010

Life is Fragile

The topic of this post is inspired by a prayer request from a fellow blogger (who I am going to leave anonymous) who asked for us to lift up her friends as they mourn the loss of their 1-year old child in a horrible accident.

Can you grasp that? Can you actually fathom the pain and loss that family must be feeling?

How can any sort of good come from something like that happening?

So quickly life as we know it can be taken away. My co-worker lost her 30-year old son in a horrific motorcycle accident, leaving behind a wife and three young girls. My aunt and uncle (in-law) lost their 20-something-year old son before he had a chance to see the true potential in his life. My grandma lost her life at a young age. Cancer has slowly inched its way into many of my loved ones' lives, leaving them breathless and scared.

I'm not trying to make you all sad. My intention isn't to bring a grieving spirit to you. I am only stating the reality. When each of us was born, God already had the blueprints of our lives drawn up in full detail. He marked us with specific purposes and plans, and I believe if we are still living, He is not yet done with us! Isn't that remarkable? Doesn't that bring you a sense of hope? Sure, we all have our difficult struggles and our lives are nowhere near perfect, but if we are still here, God still needs us to serve a purpose.

The experiences God laid before me has molded me into the woman I am today. My experience through secondary infertility will further mold me into the woman God intends for me to become.

So, yes...to answer the above question...good does come from bad! Even when life feels like it couldn't get any worse, when rock bottom is a positive step up from your current state, God's plan is still in full force. God knew I'd be infertile on this very day. He feels the aching in my heart. But, unlike me, He sees the bigger picture. I see only a small area on this beautiful canvas of my life that He is carefully painting.

My prayer is that the parents of the 1-year old will someday see the bigger picture. I pray that I will also someday see the bigger picture as to why Aaron and I are struggling with infertility.

No comments: