Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Miracles Happen"

Ella's ballet instructor has repeatedly told us parents that "miracles happen." She's, of course, referring to tomorrow's recital. Having 3-year olds follow any sort of instructions, let alone an entire dance routine in front of an audience, is terrifying to think about. There is no predictability in what will happen! But, Ella's instructor, who has been teaching ballet for many, many years, is hopeful and confident. She said that even if the dancers forget the entire routine and simply twirl around in circles or skip from left to right, it is still an exciting time. I am definitely excited to see how well Ella does tomorrow, but as a mom, I'm nervous too!

Today was her dress rehearsal. Ella's costume is the best kind...free! She and her fellow dancers are to wear yellow sundresses and, luckily, we had one hanging in her closet.

Got an itch there, Ella? :)


All lined up for their routine. Ella is the back leader! (The young lady standing with them is the instructor's assistant).


Such form!


"It's the truth! It's actual! Everything is satisfactual!"


Swaying.


"Plenty of sunshine heading my way!"


Ella's dance partner, Alyssa. They are so cute together!


With all the painting we've been doing with our kitchen cabinet remodel, Ella naturally wanted to feel included. So, I went to Michael's and bought her some new paint and paint brushes. She's painted some beautiful paintings, all of which she's wanted to give to Grandma and Grandpa. Hopefully she'll make me one. :)


That's her "I'm a ham" smile! Love it!


This painting is now hanging above Grandma's desk at her work.


What would a post be without a picture of our beloved Bob? This shot was taken tonight. I was in the bathroom giving Ella a bath. I look down the hall and I see these big brown eyes spying on me.


Tomorrow is Friday, everybody! T.G.I.F.!!!

No comments: