Puke! Just seeing these pictures reminds me of the smell. You might ask why we moved into a house so trashed. Well, we bought it through probate, which means we bought it from an estate "as is" in turn for a price far below market value. Little did we know not even a year after we move in that the housing market would plummet. Oh well!
Okay, here are some "before" pictures of the hall bathroom, to us known as Ella's bathroom.
Luckily the bathtub, toilet and countertop were left in relatively good condition. Once the porcelain and tile received a good Aaron-certified cleaning, the sparkles began to shine. We replaced the floor about a year ago (it matches the floor in our kitchen / laundry room). And we replaced the hardware on the cabinets, the mirror and the light fixture.
Because it's "Ella's bathroom" (at least for right now), what better way to signify that than by painting the walls a nice lavender and hanging pictures of her. The bathroom is simple, clean and just perfect. In fact, I wash my face and do my make-up in her bathroom because I like it more than the master bathroom. Makes it easier when Aaron and I are both having to get ready to go somewhere in the morning. No bumping elbows!
The view as you walk in from the hallway.
The countertop. And yes, we framed a picture of Hippo. He is basically our adopted son. He was once Ella's #1 companion who went with her everywhere. She has slowly grown apart from him, but he is still dear to my heart. Mainly because I want to remember the days of Ella's babyhood.
The toilet (because I know how badly you want to see our toilet). Haha!
Another view.
Splish splash, I was taking a bath. If you look closely, you can see the leftover bubbles for Ella's bubble bath tonight.
Out of all the impressions I did throughout the house, this one is by far my favorite! Ella's laughter definitely sparkles like a splash of water in sunlight!
Our medicine cabinet, Ella's basket of bath toys...nothing too exciting.
One last view of the countertop and mirror. This is where I spend hours every morning doing my hair and make-up...NOT!!!
Well, once again, I hope you enjoyed seeing a little bit of our work-in-progress house. It's exciting to share our hard work with you!












No comments:
Post a Comment