Thursday, July 29, 2010

Becoming A Patient Woman

All I can say right now is, "Whoa!" God is really trying to tell me something. I receive daily devotions via e-mail from Proverbs 31 Ministries, and today's devotion was entitled "Becoming A Patient Woman." I opened the e-mail with a big, fat smile on my face, knowing full well that this devotion topic wasn't a mere coincidence. That it isn't just a fluke I received this powerful message during this time of my life where patience is my #1 obstacle (See my post, Patience is Hard to Come By). So, as I read the devotion, I absorbed the truth in the written words and allowed God to give me peace...a patient peace. Whenever I feel a glimpse of this patient peace, I become calm and okay with the way my life is unfolding. But, as quickly as it comes, it goes away. Patience is just so hard to obtain, especially for me!

So, I'm praying for patience and understanding as God continues to work through me. I know that if I seek Him first, all things will come together, but there is still that awful, stubborn part of me that doesn't want to give up control of my life. I want to control my life. But through this infertility, I am certain more than ever that it is not me that is controlling my life, it is God controlling His life. I need to remember that I am nothing without Him and I need to give my life to Him and succumb to His beautiful provision. And with His gentle push, I pray I start to realize the beauty of this life He has blessed me with, regardless of all the things I'm so impatiently waiting for.

And I will be all the more richly blessed for having waited so long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for sharing this. I need this reminder!!