Monday, July 26, 2010

Cabinet Update

What a weekend! We were busy, busy, busy working on our cabinets.

Aaron's hands and arms are probably still vibrating from sanding so much! I don't even want to say how long it took him to get it all done, but I can say that all the sanding is done!


That is A LOT of doors!


This is what our kitchen looks like right now. Thankfully I was able to put all our food, etc. back in the cupboards. Making meals with everything sprawled around everywhere was a bit tricky. Plus, having everything on the floor brought the best (or should I say worst?) out of Ella and Bob's curiosity.


Look at all those cookbooks. I need to put them to good use!


Yesterday, we put a coat of primer on the cabinets and figured that was enough. And I just finished up the first coat of "Dove White" Valspar Premium High Gloss paint. We're thinking two coats of the paint will seal the deal.


Aaron spent the entire day today (seriously) coating the cabinet doors with primer. Poor guy. He told me he's done now. He did a lot for me, and with this being "my" project, I understand him wanting to enjoy the remainder of his summer vacation and spend some time with Ella. So the rest of the work is all on me, which means the progress updates will not be as frequent. I just hope Aaron can manage to have the house be in a chaotic state for awhile longer. Aaron and messes don't mesh well. :)



This picture was just too cute to not post. Aaron was about to head out and meet his friend for coffee and this is what he saw. Apparently Bob didn't want him to go!

No comments: