Tuesday, September 14, 2010

FSH Levels Are In

I'm still waiting for the results from Aaron and my blood work. My IVF nurse contacted me today and told me that my FSH test came back today, though. My day 3 FSH level was 5.1, which is really good. Dr. Weckstein wasn't expecting this to come back negatively, but it's still reassuring when tests come back in my favor.

For those of you who don't know, FSH stands for follicle stimulate hormone. "By measuring a woman's baseline FSH on day 3 of the cycle, we get an indication as to whether she has normal 'ovarian reserve.' We are looking at how hard her body needs to 'step on the gas' early in the menstrual cycle to get a follicle growing." (www.advancedfertility.com). Any number below 9 or 10 is considered good and basically means I'm not running out of eggs. :)

I was going to write more tonight, but today was my long day at work and I need to spend some time with my honey. He is my priority! Although, blogging does come as a close second. :)

3 comments:

Rach said...

That looks like a great FSH!

Life Happens said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog! I've signed up to follow your journey. I am praying that you will be blessed with your second bundle of joy soon!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! and YES, you make that man of yours your priority girl... we'll be here when you get around to us.