As for me, well...I've been poked and prodded so much, that I don't feel an ounce of nerves. In fact, while giving blood, I talked to the medical assistant about Dr. Weckstein and our infertility woes. She was also suffering with infertility and her doctor referred her to Dr. Weckstein! What a small world! She says it's so hard seeing pregnant teenagers come in to give blood. I joked with her asking if she "accidentally" can't find their veins and have to stab them a few times too many to find it. She laughed.
Anyway, Aaron's blood tests included:
- Hepatitis B Surface Antigent
- Hep C Ab w/ RIBA reflex
- HIV I Ab EIA (Reflex to wb IF +)
- HTLV 1 & 2 Ab EIA
- RPR
- CBC w/ Differential (Platletts, MCV)
- Hemoglobin Electrophoresis
My blood tests included:
- Estradiol
- FSH
- Female Precycle
- Cystic Fibrosis (Carrier screening)
Once our blood test results come in (which my IVF nurse said should be by tomorrow!), we will hopefully receive good news. I think Aaron will have to go in for his second semen analysis before we know what IVF programs we qualify for, but this blood work is one of the last steps necessary (if I hadn't gone through so much testing before visiting Dr. Weckstein, I would've had to go through all that still). Dr. Weckstein needs to have full knowledge of everything related to our infertility in order to determine which programs are suitable for us.
I'm anxious for all this pre-IVF cycle testing to be done. I'm so so so tired of all the testing...period! I just want my baby! I can't wait for the day that I can look down at my baby and whisper to him/her, "You are so worth it!" :)
I will let you all know the lab results once we get them! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
I will let you all know the lab results once we get them! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
2 comments:
I'll be praying that everything comes back perfect for you guys! I understand your longing, and I hope that it happens soon for you!
They took 8 vials from me today! Not fun. Glad you guys are getting started. Good luck!!
Post a Comment