We could technically wait until our appointment at the San Ramon Reproductive Science Center on October 11th, but we both really want the results, like, yesterday! That way, if he's a carrier, we can set up the appointment with the genetic counselor while in the bay area. Kill two birds with one stone, as they say.
Actually, it'd be more like killing five birds with one stone because I've jam-packed as much into our October 11th visit as possible. With it being roughly a 2-hour drive each way, I want to limit the amount of times we have to make that drive. And, with it being Columbus Day, Aaron and I both have the day off work, but luckily Ella's school is still open. Score!
So, our appointment on Columbus Day consists of:
- Semen analysis for Aaron;
- Saline sonogram to check the inner cavity of my uterus and to see if my fallopian tubes are open (since it's been over 6 months since I had my HSG done);
- Urine sample from me to check if I have clamidia and gonorrhea; and
- 30-minute free consult with Nurture Acupuncture.
Yes, you heard right! I'm looking into having acupuncture done. Any of you guys have any experience with acupuncture to help with infertility? I've read in The Infertility Cure how beneficial acupuncture is, both when seeking ART (assisted reproductive technology) treatment and when trying to conceive naturally. At this point, I'm willing to try anything and everything that will give me a fraction of a percent better odds of getting pregnant. :)
7 comments:
I have a friend who went through acupuncture treatments for infertility and she had her second child a few months ago!
I've been going to acupuncture for several months now and seen a drastic improvement in how I feel physically and emotionally/mentally. It also helped me ovulate on my own, which is not a normal occurrence. Plus, the sessions are incredibly relaxing. I'm a huge fan!
OMG - I love acupuncture. It helps increase blood flow to your organs so your body responds better to the medications. Try to find an acupuncturist that specializes in female reproduction. You won't regret it...
I'm doing acupuncture with this IVF. I'm going once a week for 15 weeks. I can't say if it's going to help but it does help with stress!
Oh my goodness...I absolutely love your blog. Thank you so much for letting me in on our journey. I pray that God may provide the answers you need either one way or another. I truly am excited that God has chosen adoption for our family & if that is what he has decided for yours you should be so excited & if not than it's all in God's plan anyway...right? Keep in touch - I cannot wait to follow your journey!!
Oh Acupuncture how I love thee. Acupuncture is my friend and I would go every day if I could. However, I must say that you need to find the right fit for you when it comes to your Acupuncturist. I truly believe that your experience will depend on the connection and the atmosphere.
I agree that finding someone who specialize in female reproduction will be key for you. My acupuncturist does and even though I went for my DE IVF and it didn't work, I would still recommend it for your mind, body and soul. It's very beneficial and relaxing and I always leave with a huge euphoric feeling. A must try!
I am a HUGE fan of acupuncture for IF. I've been going weekly the past few months, my cycles are getting shorter, and last month WITHOUT meds (Clomid) I ovulated ON MY OWN and had a 30 day cycle (the shortest I've had in a year and a half). It helps me feel calmer, it's regulating my digestive system, my mood swings, everything. DEFINITELY try it!!
Post a Comment