Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cramps Make Me So Nervous

I'm feeling more crampy today than yesterday. I know post-transfer cramping is to be expected and completely normal, so I'm not concerned that something is wrong. But, the cramping is so similar to PMS cramps that my mind can't help but go there.

I also feel a heaviness down there. Like, how you feel when your stomach is full, but instead it feels like my uterus is full. LOL! Hopefully filled with two growing babies! :)

It was my plan all along to extend my bed rest into the weekend and simply take it easy (as much as I can with a very excited 4-year old and an overly productive husband). Today, I had the most awful headache/migraine, which definitely made it easy to keep to my moderate bed rest regiment. Hopefully laying low again tomorrow will allow these cramps to work out their business and then LEAVE ME ALONE!

I'm trying not to read too much into these cramps, but it's so hard not to. When I feel the cramping, I can't switch my mind off from feeling it. It's like my body tells my brain, "Pssssst! You feel those cramps? Those feel exactly like PMS cramps, don't they? This FET didn't work. Who are you kidding?"

But, luckily, my heart is more powerful than my brain and in my heart of hearts, I know this worked. I have to keep telling myself that, in order to not let the cramping bring me down.

So, that's my 2dp6dt status update! :)

5 comments:

Mrs BabyDream said...

Hey Bobbi. My cramps are the exact same. My heart skips a beat every time I use the toliet for fear of seeing blood. I had awful cramps on my last FET and I did get a bfp so I'm clinging on to that. The thing is we associate cramps with only one thing...AF. We gotta switch that to bfp! Let's try and stay positive!!

Bridget said...

I had PMS symptoms and cramps after my IVF cycle and I was convinced it didn't work- look at me now! Those cramps could quite possibly be implantation!! Good luck!

Ericka said...

I look for your post all the time. I feel excited for you and am honored you're taking us on this journey with you.

Mrs BabyDream said...

Hey Bobbi, my clinic say to do a HPT on the 5th of April andntonlet them know the outcome. But I will be booking in for a Beta if the hot is positive. I plan to test next weekend.

Jessica White said...

"Cast all your anxieties on Him, for he cares for you"...1 peter 5:7

Hang in there....praying for you guys :-)