What a beautiful day! Springtime makes me really happy to live where I do. Although the summers here are the absolute worst with more 100-degree days than any person should have to endure, the springtime here is so refreshing.
We spent the entire day outdoors "fiddle-farting," as my parents say, and according to UrbanDictionary.com, means 1) doing nothing important, or 2) not doing what one is supposed to be doing according to action asked upon. I never knew "fiddle fart" had an actual definition! I just thought my parents made it up! :)
Even though our day was, for the most part, spent doing nothing too important, it was still a pretty productive day filled with yard work. We planted cheap annuals in Ella's small garden, which she is very proud of. Her flowers died off this winter (hence, being called annuals), but now with Spring arriving, we got her some new ones to care for.
Other than the wonderful weather and time with my family, my mind occasionally wandered to my appointment on Monday. I'm constantly praying the extra dosage of Estradiol and the vaginal inserts my doctor prescribed me are doing the trick to get my uterine lining to a more promising measurement than what I had before.
And, if it's not, the flexibility of a FET will allow us to take another week to get my uterine lining ready for implantation!
That is what I'm really liking about this FET. The flexibility! With an IVF, basically you are victim to your eggs. Once those suckers are ready, they are coming out! A majority of my eggs had reached maturity and my E2 level was in a good range, so without wanting my eggs to over-maturize (and become unusable) and without having my E2 level go to high, my doctor decided for me to trigger, despite the fact that the sonographer was still having a difficult time finding a good measurement of my uterine lining. I remember her taking like five measurements the day of my trigger shot and was so excited (or was it relieved?) when she got a measurement above 8mm. All the others were below. And now, looking back, that was not good, since the acceptable range is 8mm to 13mm.
But now, with the three embryos frozen and waiting for mama's warm uterus (too much information?), there is no push to do the transfer until everything looks just right.
So, needless to say, I'm anxious to see what Monday's appointment will reveal. Until then, I plan on enjoying another wonderful day, likely outdoors, with my family tomorrow. :)
Don't forget to spring forward your clocks tonight. Goodbye lost hour! Hello Daylight Savings Time! :)
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wait, you're already switching your clocks? Oh no. I hate this one, because we lose an hour, LoL.
Good luck tomorrow (it's already Sunday here now).
Send some of your sunshine just a little to the north :) Good Luck tomorrow!!!
Glad you guys had such a good time "putzing" around ;-) (another funny word my family uses)
Praying your visit goes well tomorrow.
Thanks for all of your sweet comments the past week! I've appreciated them so very much and now I can give YOU support and prayers that everything went well today and if not, enjoy the flexibility of getting your uterus to where it needs to be to make a home for those babes. Lots of hugs and prayers to you all!! :)
I love days fiddle farting around too :) Best of luck for your appt and may your uterine lining be just perfect for your precious little ones xoxo
This is great to hear and good luck!
Post a Comment