Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How can it not work?

Well, I am now 5dp6dt. Over halfway there!

My cramping is still very much there. I have definitely decided it is far worse this time around than with my IVF cycle. It makes me so nervous, but, really, I cannot trust anything my body is throwing at me with the amount of medication I'm on. And, there have been many women who have undergone IVF or FET cycles who claim the same symptoms and are now with child (or in some cases, children).

I can be pregnant, but I can also not be. It can go either way.

At this point, it is what it is, and there is nothing I can do to change the outcome.

But, this morning I started thinking, "How can this not work?"

I mean, seriously! How can I not get pregnant from this???

My clinic has a 65.9% success rate for FET. That's remarkably high!

I transferred two beautiful blastocysts, one of which was graded 5AA.

YOU CAN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN 5AA!!!

The transfer was absolutely flawless.

How can this not work???

Please, God, let this work.

16 comments:

LC said...

I often find myself thinking the same thing..how can this not work? GL!!!

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

I'm pretty sure I will be thinking the same thing here in a few days... those stat's are great, stay positive! :)

Wade's World said...

Praying for you and a successful outcome!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Bobbi :)

Unknown said...

I'm praying God wraps you in a serene peace as you wait for your BFP! <3

Unknown said...

It will work...just put everything you have in God's hands,,, i can't wait to hear you got your bfp!!!! I did a Natural FET after my failed ivf cycle and only one embryo made the thaw.. my E level was also very high like yours and i felt awful through my whole ivf.. this is it for you~~ and i think both will take ;)

Brave IVF Girl said...

I hope it works!

Lisa said...

I have not met you in person but in working with Aaron I have heard bits and pieces of whats been going on. You all are in mine and my families prayers, this scripture has been going through my head and always reminds me not to give up I just wanted to share it with you. Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

waiting and wishing said...

Thanks for the comment, Bobbi. Those success rates I posted are just for our specific diagnosis. In total our clinic did over 300 fresh cycles in 2009, I was just looking at the success rates that applied to us :) I think I would be a little leery of using a clinic that only did 13 cycles a year… uh, practice makes perfect, right?!?!?
We are taking a short break and will have our IVF consult hopefully at the end of April when my doctor returns, and then I’ll probably start BCP in May.

I'm with ya... How can this not work?!?! I'm praying for great news on Saturday!

Jen said...

Thinking of you, Bobbi!! And I have to say that I think the cramping is a good sign! I had it with Ben and that was an unmedicated cycle! My sister-in-law had it with both of her very HEALTHY pregnancies, too! I think baby(ies) are busy setting up their him for the next 9 months!!

kinsey said...

i haven't dealt with infertility...but i am pregnant with my second baby and will say i had cramping at the beginning both times. totally thought i was about to start my period... crossing my fingers and just said a little prayer for yall!!!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Sending you loads of sticky vibes!!!!

Jessica said...

Crossing my fingers that this works!!

Jessica said...

I just became you 100th follower...YAY!!

DandelionBreeze said...

You're so right... how can this not work :) Great that your clinic has such high success rates :)) Cheering you on all the way through xoxo

Crossing My Fingers said...

Yes, please God, let this work! Prayers for you tonight Ms. Bobbi!