Usually this whiteboard is filled with Bible verses, daily reminders (like which butt cheek gets the PIO that night), important appointments, or, Aaron's favorite, "Honey do" lists. We look at it everyday, and since putting it up like six months ago, Aaron and I have remembered more and forgotten less. Always a good thing! :)
This week, though, I only needed one reminder. A very big reminder, at that. And that is to...
KEEP THE FAITH!
This is the only reminder I needed this past week and still need as Saturday ever-so-slowly approaches.
So quickly I psych myself out into thinking my body failed me again.
So quickly I throw myself out of the game, not giving myself a fair chance.
So quickly I label the cramps as PMS cramps, without considering that they could in fact be early pregnancy cramps.
So quickly I shed tears of sadness and despair when, really, if I wait a couple days I'll be able to shed tears of pure and utter happiness.
Seeing this huge reminder to keep the faith tells me to be slower to assume such "truths." I have to admit, it has helped seeing this daily reminder.
I also have the picture of my two babies as my cellphone wallpaper with the same encouragement to keep the faith.
And, then, one's gotta ask why go through all of this? Why spend thousands and thousands of dollars when there's a chance of not getting pregnant? Why waste all that money and invest so much time and emotions on a gamble?
The answer is easy, really. When in a dark place of doubt, I just have to look at Ella and be instantly reminded of why we're doing this. For there is no greater joy than creating life...a baby. And, I have faith that life is being created within my womb as I type this. Even though science was what infused my egg with Aaron's sperm, God's watchful eye was mindfully aware of every last detail, from which eggs matured to which of Aaron's millions of sperm would be the chosen ones. From which cluster of cells would successfully divide to which ones would be strong enough to freeze and thaw.
And when I see Ella's eyes, her hair, her complexion, her stubbornness (definitely me!), her athleticism (definitely Aaron!), her voice, her toes, her belly button, her long legs, her chunky arms, her baby hairs, her teeth spacing, her quiet demeanor...I see Aaron and I see me. And there is no greater, more rewarding joy in the entire world than to witness the miracle of life, knowing the life created is a result of your own.




7 comments:
Praying for you to Keep the Faith!!!!!!!
Love it Bobbi :)
amiracle4us chose my EXACT words. Love it Bobbi!
What a gorgeous idea :)) I agree that it's so amazing to see the miracle of life if our little ones xoxo
I read ur post this morning before work and it really uplifted me...thanks.
Hope u are doing well!
There is no price too high to pay for a child: Keep the faith!
I love all the reminders but Ella is the best one of them all!!! :)
Post a Comment