That's right! On the calendar at RSC it says, "Thursday, March 24th @ 12:00 p.m. - Get Bobbi Johnson pregers!" Okay, maybe not like that, but we officially have our baby-making time scheduled!
So, on Thursday, right around the time you guys are eating your lunches, I will be having three embryos transferred. With Aaron's hand holding mine and both our eyes glued to the 46" high definition TV of the live sonogram image of my uterine cavity, we will witness the catheter maneuvering around (hopefully more smoothly than last time) until the goods are deposited into my uterus and the three little bundles of cells begin to thrive and survive on their own.
The embryos will no longer be in the predictable environment of the lab, but in the unpredictable environment of my uterus.
And at this moment, I will officially become knocked up!
To say I'm not nervous would be a lie. To say I'm not excited would also be a lie. I'm very excited, but my nerves are not allowing me to totally soak in how special Thursday might end up being. I'm nervous the outcome will be like last time. No matter how hard I try to forget the past and focus on the hope and promise in our future, it's hard to completely erase that unbearable pain we suffered a few months ago.
But, regardless of that resurfacing pain, Aaron and I could not be more ready to do this! So, I'll be going into the FET with my head held high and my body very relaxed from Valium. :)
Photo courtesy of Google Images.
Yes, you heard right! Valium! Dr. Weckstein prescribed me some Valium, saying it's new protocol at their clinic for women to take some Valium half an hour before the transfer "to help stay at ease during the transfer," but I can't help but wonder if this "new protocol" is actually just "Bobbi protocol." After all, he's gotten to know me on every emotional, stressed out, worried, and albeit sometimes psychotic level possible...and he's not even family! Be it special treatment for me or new treatment for all patients, I will happily take the Valium.
Maybe this extra drug-induced relaxation is exactly what my tense body needs! :)

13 comments:
Good luck for your getting "knocked up" appt tomorrow... it's amazing to think that after all that work making those little embryos, they're put back in so quickly. Sending you lots of 'sticky' thoughts for them to comfortably find their new little home inside xoxo
Here's to tomorrow being the most awesome day ever!
I'm with u on the valium!!!
LoL. I think it's a good decision to give you valium, cause it is such a stressed out time for you.
I totally understand your fears and anxieties, but you have your faith to guide you through the rough emotional road that awaits you. Lean on it. And, us, of course. :D
Good luck!
Woohoo!!! So much sticky baby dust headed your way! Oh, and I totally agree with the doctors on this...have you ever read the article "Bozo got me pregnant"? http://kool.radio.com/2011/01/14/bozo-got-me-pregnant/
There is some really great data on there and it shows that relaxation during and after the procedure increases the success rates! So, go, have fun with it, keep the stress levels low, and the laughter high. It's not everyday your doctor gets ya pregnant! :p
Good luck! We'll be here with your for your TWW!
Ericka
So excited for you guys! Lots of prayers coming your way for a successful FET!
March 24th!! that's tomorrow!! I am so excited for you. Enjoy your valium. I'm ready for your miracle! are you??
My RE gives me valium before the transfer also! A little bonus I guess!
It's always hard to forget the past and focus on the hope of the future! You are doing great and this FET is a new procedure and will have new results!
My clinic does valium before transfer -- just a little one (5mg?) I only was aware of the effects once, but I imagine it helps regardless.
FX!
Thinking of you and praying so greatly for you!
Good luck at your appointment! Praying for sticky babies!
Praying for you and three sticky embies! I hope tomorrow goes well for you :)
I'll think of you while tomorrow during my run-that's what I'll be doing at noon. But if you're in CA and I'm in MO, at noon it'll actually be 3pm my time? So I'll think of you on my drive home from work! Good luck!!!
Post a Comment