Beautiful Monterey, California.
Aaron walking Bob when we first got there, after being cramped in his crate for over 2 hours.
He came back to where we "set up camp," grabbed Ella and ran to the water. :)
Bob is very confused about this water business.
Then, onto sand digging!
Always smiling, always happy (except when she's not!).
Curling her toes in the sand.
Sitting down for a nice sandy lunch. Eating on the beach without taking in some sand seems to be a near impossible task.
Clearly Bob ate some sand, too! :)
Look at that face!
Beautiful little girl. That is for sure!
She was attempting to build Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse.
Looking out at the water while seriously contemplating getting her feet wet.
As you can see, she decided to go for it!
This was our first trip to the beach where she wasn't scared of the waves. She didn't ask to hold our hands at all. Just goes to show she's growing up. :(
This is likely my favorite picture from the trip.
Happily screaming while the water crept its way up to her. She patiently stood in one stop for the longest time, waiting for the water to reach her. It eventually did!
More waiting. :)
Smiling, while keeping an eye on the ocean.
Inching her way closer to the water.
She found what looked like fence board and, being Daddy's daughter, knew exactly what to do with it. Throw it in the water, of course! Well, she tried to, at least. :)
Finally getting smart and rolling up her pants.
Pretty sure she's calling out to the ocean in this picture.
As you can see by her penguin stance, her upper body is fully bundles with a long-sleeved shirt and two sweatshirts to compensate for her colder bottom half.
She never complained about the water being cold, but I'm sure it was freezing! Neither Aaron nor I put our feet in to find out. :)
Believe it or not, a rose washed up to shore, so they exchanged it. It was so cute to watch, almost like out of a fairytale story. :)
Then, it was onto kite flying! It was perfect weather for it. Just the right amount of breeze. Aaron is showing Ella how to hold the kite properly, while she's seemingly not listening. What's new? :)
So much fun!
The kite got really up there!
Disney princess kite. That's the only way to roll as a 4-year old girl.
Flying, just like her kite. :)
Running to me, kite in hand.
At some point during the afternoon, a luminous rainbow of fog made it's way to us. It was the strangest thing.
The fog only lasted a short while, though.
And, of course, we couldn't leave the beach without digging to China. :)
It didn't take long until Ella's little arms couldn't reach the bottom. Aaron takes digging holes very seriously. :)
There's always time to smile.
Once the hole was deep enough, in went Ella! And, after gaining her permission, Aaron proceeded to bury her.
She loved being buried (as you can tell by that smile).
Okay, Ella, now try to get out. :)
Strong Daddy to the rescue!
And, last but not least, I will leave you with some scenery shots Aaron took.
I especially like this one. :)











































9 comments:
I feel as if I was sitting in Monterey with the Johnson Family!!
You totally deserved a mindless vacation!! The hubs did too!!
Your little girl is GORGEOUS!!! The photos are amazing!!!
I hope you got all the rest and relaxation you needed..for now! :)
hugs!
Beautiful pictures. I was in Monterey years ago before I was married and have been wanting to return there with my hubby. It's a gorgeous place.
Thanks for sharing!
Great pictures! Looks like a wonderful trip for your family!
Beautiful photos. What kind of camera do you have?
Looks wonderful. I love the pictures. Really enjoyed them on FB too!!
Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a lovely time.
I'm a Kansas girl, but I've been to Monterey numerous times with my family in California. It's such a wonderful place! :)
beautiful pictures: love the sepia one of the fog!
glad you guys had a great time on your day out.
Great pics! Everyone looks so happy and carefree.
Post a Comment