Tomorrow is my consult with Dr. Weckstein to discuss our unsuccessful IVF cycle and our future FET cycle.
But, to me, tomorrow is still supposed to be the day we first get to see our babies.
Tomorrow is supposed to mark that I'm six weeks pregnant, halfway through my first trimester.
But, instead, tomorrow will bring yet another doctor's appointment without a peanut growing inside of me.
And, to top it off, Aaron has to work, so I'll be making the drive and meeting with Dr. Weckstein all alone. I really would like to have the emotional support of Aaron there, but he can't miss work.
Along with the consult, Dr. Weckstein will be performing a uterine sounding, which is generally performed prior to an embryo transfer to determine the uterine depth and how easily the catheter can pass through the cervix. Dr. Weckstein did just that before my transfer and supposedly "mapped out" how to get to my uterus, but then during the actual transfer, it took him a few tries to get to the uterus. Not so fun.
I guess to prevent that again, he's going in to do a practice round, but this time with an empty, embryo-free catheter. :(
I have a list of questions prepared for Dr. Weckstein to answer, varying from what potentially went wrong during the embryo transfer (see above!) and if that made a difference in our success to if we have any hope of conceiving naturally on our own.
From if there is anything Aaron can do to increase his sperm morphology to the standard protocol for a FET.
From the success rate for a FET to if we will be allowed to transfer all three of our frozen embryos.
From my estrogen and progesterone levels to Aaron possibly being referred to a reproductive urologist (yes, it'd be his turn to be poked and prodded by a doctor).
What is a reproductive urologist, you might ask? Well, a reproductive urologist helps a man find the cause of infertility, if any, with thorough testing, and assists to correct the infertility issue.
So, hopefully I come out of tomorrow's appointment feeling uplifted because, really, I could use a good pick me up.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Tomorrow is Supposed to be Different
Labels:
Failed IVF Cycle,
FET,
Sperm Morphology,
Uterine Sounding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I understand how you feel. I always look at dates and think how pregnant I should be right now.
Hang in there.
I hope the appointment goes well.
x
Thinking of you today, Bobbi. I hope the appt goes as well as it can and that you learn some new information that will help with the next cycle. My heart goes out to you, I know how you must be feeling...
Take care,
Jen
Follow ups are so tough. We had a bad experience and ended up switching RE's. Hope thats not the case with you! Good luck with the appointment. Let us know the plan!
Thinking about you today as you go for the appointment you don't want by yourself.
*hugs*
Thinking of you today. This must be a though one, but you are one strong lady... you can do this! I hope you walk away with all of your questions answered and a renewed spirit about what is ahead of you.
When I had my transfer, it took them a couple times to get in too but mine was because of a full bladder. I hope you get your answers and come out feeling good about the FET.
I will be thinking of you. I am so similar and think of every date and where I SHOULD be in my pregnancy (if it weren't for my miscarriage). I would wave been due in about a month so I am hoping those feeling go away soon. Unless I start thinking, I SHOULD have a 3 week old baby in my arms... I gotta kick this! We both need some good news fast! I am feeling good about 2011 for us!
I'm thinking of you today, Bobbi.
<3
Sorry you had to go to the appt by yourself. I hope it went well. And I hope the dr was able to provide some answers.
I hope you have a good weekend. :)
Sorry so late, hoping your appointment went well. *hugs*
Post a Comment