Saturday, January 29, 2011

Okay, Now We REALLY Know

Aaron's heart was beating fast when he took the call from RSC this morning. He let me sleep in, but after hanging up, quietly came in the bedroom and told me the news.

We're not pregnant.

And, to top it off, my period won't be coming any time soon either. Apparently, after reviewing my progesterone levels, my doctor claims it may take up to 10 days for my period to show up.

Goodness! At that point I'll be almost 2-1/2 weeks late!

I'm just grateful I now know the TRUTH. That I am, in fact, not pregnant. No more questionable doubt or lingering hope.

If I do end up being 2-1/2 weeks late without having done the blood work and consulted with my doctor, I would have walked around on pins and needles thinking that I was pregnant.

So, for that, I am grateful.

Grateful to know.

Ignorance is bliss, but not when it comes to being in the dark about if you're pregnant or not. In that case, it's very good to know.

So, my heart and mind are moving now.

I just have to wait for my body to move on too and get its progesterone levels right so my next cycle can begin!

11 comments:

waiting and wishing said...

I agree, it is always better to know for sure. Thinking of you, friend!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

It would have been torture waiting..Im glad you know! Im wishing the best for you while youre making the decision to pursue with your FET.

Nessa Lomiva said...

Uh, shucks. Well, at least you know, like you said. In this situation that's better.

Hillary said...

I'm so glad that you seem to still have hope. I'm all about hope too! It will happen to you!

Anonymous said...

bless you. the fact that you still have hope amazes me. just from reading your blog i can tell that you are a wonderful woman, with a wonderful family, and God will see you through.

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

It's good to know but it sucks at the same time...ugg 2.5 weeks late is a long time...

Anonymous said...

praying for y'all! I have been bad on my commenting but I keep up on my google reader :)

Jen said...

I'm sorry Bobbi... glad you know for sure, but wish I could take the hurt away, too. Your optimism is inspiring to me. Take care.

Crossing My Fingers said...

Wow what a crazy ride! At least you have your answer and prayers that you get Flo soon so you can get back on track.

Jessica White said...

I'm glad you have an answer, albeit not the one you wanted, but as you said at least you know. It still hurts though *hugs*

Anonymous said...

The delay in your cycle following a failed IVF cycle is sooo mean!! I did the same thing and it hurt so much more than just getting my period on time. I am glad the MD did a beta so at least you know, even though it doesn't take that pain away :( hugs!