Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I may not be there yet...

...but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

With the beginning of this New Year, I'm learning to live in the now, to take each day as it comes. Because, after all, each day does bring me closer to our baby.

Today was Ella's first day in her new ballet/tap class. She had a wonderful time and seeing her excitement brings so much happiness to our heavy hearts.

Our hearts are not only heavy from our unsuccessful IVF cycle, but also from the battle Aaron's dad is fighting against cancer. One day can be filled with hope and good news, but the next can be filled with worry and fear. It's a horrible roller coaster ride for all involved, but especially for my parents-in-law.

All we can do is pray and hope, and continue praising God in the storms of our lives.

I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
 (Casting Crows - Praise You in this Storm).

At times, I feel like I'm constantly saying "Amen," constantly praying to God. I thought for sure by now that He would've wiped my tears away. That He would've brought us our baby. That He would've erased all cancer from my father-in-law's body.

And even though He hasn't answered my prayers, I will continue to praise Him in this storm, holding onto the faith that there will soon be a beautiful horizon.

And, until He does show me this beautiful horizon, I will take each day one day at a time, prayerfully and faithfully.

And, on that note, I will leave you with a couple pictures of our handsome pug, Bob. He's such a good boy!



I can't help but love that face. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you and Aaron's dad good thoughts for the new year.

Bob is absolutely adorable! I don't know how you could resist that face. :)

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What a cute puppy! I bet him and Ella just love each other!

The2sams said...

I am with you and praying for all of you. Sending lots of love!

Crossing My Fingers said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Check out my post from yesterday-I sent baby dust out to everyone.