Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Could I be pregnant? Nah!!!

I'm on CD (cycle day) 32. That may not seem like a big deal, but my cycles are like clockwork, ranging from 28 to 29 days. No joke! I'm one of those very luck women with very predictable cycles. So, my tardiness leaves me a bit confused.

I noticed I ovulated on CD 12 this cycle, as opposed to the typical CD 14. So, technically, if I had ovulated "on time," I'd only be a couple days late right now, but I'm almost completely positive I ovulated two days early, and despite being told that we will likely never conceive on our own, Aaron and I can't help but try. When you want something so bad, you're willing to try the impossible.

So, we...you know...had timed intercourse.

Which then leads me to the question in my title. Could I possibly be pregnant???

All those drugs I had in my system the last two months could easily mess with my system. I know that. My doctor didn't warn me about having a wacky cycle following my unsuccessful IVF cycle, but I'm assuming that is what's going on here.

So, I'm hoping some women who have gone through a failed IVF cycle can relay their experience to me. Did you have an unpredictable cycle following IVF? Am I completely absurd to even consider the possibility (albeit, the size of a wart on a flea's face) that I'm pregnant? :)

I guess I always have hope. Even when I shouldn't.

18 comments:

Brave IVF Girl said...

You could be. Were you doing OPKs to know when you ovulated?

But it could definitely be a weird post-IVF cycle (which is why they like to have a natural cycle in between stim cycles). There have been a bunch of natural cycle pregnancies in the past few months in the twitter crowd, tho.

Gonna test? :)

waiting and wishing said...

I love that despite it all, you still have hope! Don't let go of it now :)

Nic said...

Anything is possible!
I did have a long cycle after my failed ivf though

Wade's World said...

oh I got so excited reading this! :) I will be praying for you. Keep us posted

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

I hope you are...that would be so cool! Are you going to take a test?

We have Angel Wings said...

Um, hello! Take a test!!!! I didn't have wonky cycles after my failed IVF, so YES, there is a possibility that you could be pregnant.

I'm hoping you are!! Please keep us updated. :)

Jessica White said...

There is nothing wrong with hope! How wonderful it would be if you were....All things are possible with God.
*hugs to you*

Nessa Lomiva said...

I think anything is possible, and that you should take a test. I know why you don't want to: you're afraid it'll crush your hopes.

In any case, keep us posted.
Fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

It's okay to always have hope. I do, too, even though I claim not to! :)

Becca said...

God is more powerful than anything :)

Rach said...

Could be! Everything came back pretty regular for me after IVF.

Adam and Julia said...

Miracles can happen!

Angie said...

Hoping for the best for you! Oh, and I left you an award on my blog.

Crossing My Fingers said...

I hope you're prego!!! I left you an award too!

Jos said...

I would definitely test - it's possible to have wonky cycles after IVF, but if you know when you ovulated and you aren't on meds this cycle, I don't know why your LP would be crazy long. How cool would that be?!?!

Jen said...

Crossing my fingers and toes for you! Love that you still are holding to hope, I mean honestly without it then what do we hang on to?? Sending love and best wishes!

Barbara said...

OMG!!We are in the same boat ... I was going to ask the same thing to you. My period is late too. After my failed IVF in December 17 (beta day) I bled on December 19 and today is January 26th and still nothing. Although my husband and I dont try this month, we dont prevent it either. My IVF in May 2010 was positive, but lost the pregnancy, my period was late also. I dont know what to think. It was not until I went to my doctor for routine x-ray, the nurse asked me when was my last day of my period, then she told me I was late.
Do you feel something diferent??any symptoms? I will wait until begining of february to POAS.

Kelly said...

Hey girl! I did have a weird cycle after my failed IVF in October. I was always very regular but that cycle was 33 days. I was super stressing out about it! But, if you ovulated early then you would think you would have had a period by now. I really am hopeful that you are pregnant because you just never know!! All we have is hope :)