How Far Along: 5 weeks.
Size of Baby: Average length is 1.5mm to 2.5mm. About the size of an apple seed.
Picture of Baby: Crazy to think something as advanced as this is growing inside me already.
Photo courtesy of Google Images.
5 weeks - Baby Johnson now resembles a teeny tadpole (complete with a tiny tail) and is about the size of an orange seed. The circulatory (or blood) system, along with the heart, is the first part of that tiny body to be functional; and as your baby's heart starts to form, you may even be able to see it beating on an early ultrasound. Another part of your little tadpole that is under construction: the neural tube, which will eventually become your baby's brain and spinal cord. (http://www.whattoexpect.com/)
Maternity Clothes: I don't need maternity clothes yet, however I did cave and buy some maternity jeans, which I now wear. All. The. Time. The reason being is that I'm so uncomfortably bloated. I don't know what the deal is because I didn't feel the need to wear maternity clothes when pregnant with Ella until the 2nd trimester, but I feel like my stomach is being pushed outwards. It feels similar to how I felt while on stimulation injections when I had monster-sized follices growing. I also brought out the box with my old maternity clothes from the closet, washed the ones that I could see myself wearing in the future and donated the rest to Goodwill. My motto this pregnancy is comfort, so don't judge that I'm wearing maternity jeans at only 5 weeks. I now understand the appeal in Pajama Jeans. :)
Photo courtesy of Google Images.
Weight Gain: 0 pounds. I weigh what I did this time last week. My round belly would prove otherwise, though. Yikes!
Belly: You don't need to see that yet. :)
Stretch Marks: Just the old ones from my pregnancy from Ella.
Sleep: Yes, please! I've been going to bed around 8:00/8:30 every night and sleeping soundly until 6:45 in the morning. The only thing waking me up is my bladder (the peeing during the night has already begun!). I think that might also be due to the fact that I'm drinking A TON of water everday.
Best Moment of the Week: Ella surprising my parents with her "Big Sister" shirt, and then sharing in the happiness with my weeping parents (they wanted this just as bad as us!). That is, of course, tied with the phone calls from RSC on Saturday and Monday revealing good betas. :)
Movement: Ha! Nope!
Symptoms: My boobs are hurting. The cramping/fullness is constantly there, with stretching pains just inside my pelvic area on both sides (especially when I move fast). I had my first real experience with nausea yesterday morning. I ate a bowl of Cheerios and drank some orange juice and when I stood up, I had to make a mad rush to the sink. But, since I had taken all my medicines and vitamins with my breakfast, I had to hold it in. That was not fun. And, then, last night, I had really bad heartburn, which is uncharacteristic of me.
Food Cravings: Nothing yet. I've noticed I don't have as big of an appetite for dinner now, though. I could go without eating, but I know I should.
Gender: Aaron, Ella and I have our guesses, and they are all different. :)
What I Miss: Nothing!!! I wouldn't trade being pregnant for anything. But, if I have to put something, I guess I miss having the energy to stay awake to watch American Idol. :)
What I'm Looking Forward to: Next Friday's sonogram...our first glimpse of our baby(ies) and our first opportunity to hear his/her/their heart beats.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't take medicine and vitamins with breakfast. Take them with a mid-morning snack. :)
Milestones: I made it to five weeks. Right now, I'm just taking it one day at a time. To me, each day is a milestone.
Emotions: Now that the stress of waiting for beta results has passed, I feel my emotions have been more in check. Sometimes my worrisome demeanor may come across as unappreciative, but that is only because I'm a protective mama, wanting to protect my baby. :)


7 comments:
Love these update kind of posts... great to hear your pregnancy news each week and wishing you all the best at every step :)) Love always xoxo
I'm so glad that everything is going great so far! I have been rooting for you for so long now!
I can't wait to hear about next weeks sono.
Yall have a great weekend!
11dp3dt - 155
13dt3dt - 391
17dp3dt - 2,672
I think you are having twins!!! Your numbers sound a lot like mine. Keep rested and try not to stress. I bet you hear TWO heartbeats really soon!!!
Looking forward to many of these updates in the coming months. :)
Congratulations - so happy to hear about your pregnancy! Love the pregnancy updates too :)
It's a "fact" that pregnancies achieved through IF treatment and meds "show" earlier than other pregnancies ;-) Enjoy those comfy pants!
I'm so happy that things are going well:-)
LOVE the updates on your pregnancy. Excited to follow your journey! You give me hope.
Post a Comment