Friday, April 22, 2011

What A Great Good Friday

Our baby was supposed to double in size this past week, and today's ultrasound revealed just that! He/she grew...a lot! :)


And, to make today's ultrasound even more special, Ella came with us! She had such an observant look on her face the entire time...carefully taking everything in. Dr. Weckstein was really great with her, including her in what was displayed on the screen, asking her if she sees the flickering heart and the baby's head. It was so special sharing this experience with Ella today. I will never forget it.


And, as if seeing the baby wasn't enough while having my "big baby" sitting next to me, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time today! It measured at a whopping 133bpm, right on track! Hearing the "ba bum, ba bum, ba bum" was so magical! Dr. Weckstein said generally a heartbeat can't be heard until the baby is further along, but his high tech instrument and our baby made some musical magic. :)


Apparently, at last week's ultrasound, the baby only measured at 5 weeks 4 days. The doctor who performed the ultrasound told us that he/she measured at 6 weeks 0 days, but I guess that measurement was big, after looking back at all the images, and Baby Jelly Bean is a couple days "younger" than we thought.

Today's ultrasound revealed the baby measuring at 6 weeks 4 days, which means he/she grew proportionally one week in size this past week. Just what we want to see! :)

And, I guess I miscalculated my due date. I thought the baby was due December 9th, but it's really December 10th. Oops! :) At least I was only off by a day, and not by an entire month or something.

Because of what was seen and heard at today's ultrasound, we have officially graduated from our RE's office. Leaving RSC Bay Area is bittersweet. The doctors, nurses and staff were all so incredibly heartwarming and sincere in their quest of making our dreams come true, and it's sad to just up and leave. (Although, I can't say I will miss the drive!). The experience there was life-changing, life-creating and I am forever indebted to Dr. Weckstein for bringing us our bundle of joy.

Today was such a blessed Good Friday! I feel so unworthy as I witness God's goodness in my life. Blessed is an understatement when I reflect on my life. He has provided for my family with limitless means, and now with my family growing, despite feeling undeserving of such goodness, He continues to provide and demonstrate His unending love for me.

9 comments:

Life Happens said...

What a special moment to share with Ella! Hearing the baby's heartbeat is so magical. It reminds me of how great GOD is.

Happy Easter!!

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic... love to see the photos of your little one and it must have been so special to share it with Ella :) Truly a magical Good Friday... and great that you're graduating from the RE's office - such a huge step :)) Love to you always xoxo

Jess said...

That is great news!!! Just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear your baby's heartbeat!Life truly is a miracle and its so incredibly precious. I am so happy for you. Congrats on graduating.

Hillary said...

Oh a December baby is just going to be so special and magical! Congratulations on getting to hear your baby's heartbeat. That has always been my favorite part!

This baby must be someone very special to be blessed with such a wonderful family as yours is!

Much Love! xoxox

waiting and wishing said...

Sounds like a fantastic day :)

Rach said...

Aww, how fun for Ella to experience!!

Jessica White said...

What a great day! How special that Ella was able to be there to see her little brother/sister.
Praise the Lord that all is going well!

Michelle said...

Great news! So exciting that you got to share with Ella!