How Far Along: 6 weeks and 1 day (but who's counting?). :)
Size of Baby: Average length is 5mm to 6mm, or 1/6th to 1/4th of an inch. About the size of a lima bean.
Picture of Baby: I will post yesterday's ultrasound pictures soon! (But, trust me...you can't see much!). :)
6 weeks - Baby Johnson's jaw, cheeks, chin, eyes, ears, and nose are beginning to form what will eventually become one adorable face. In addition, his/her kidneys, liver, and lungs are developing, and his/her heart is now beating 80 times a minute (and getting faster every day). (Information taken from What to Expect's website).
Maternity Clothes: My lovely baby bump is very obvious. So much so, in fact, that when I wear my regular shirts, my lower belly would be exposed (if I wasn't wearing my nifty maternity jeans!). So, needless to say, I'll be wearing all maternity clothes sooner rather than later with this pregnancy.
Weight Gain: I lost 2 to 3 pounds this week. My morning/afternoon/evening sickness is really getting to me.
Belly: I definitely look more pregnant that I really am. Like I said before, second pregnancies tend to show sooner. That, and I have belly chub the baby bump has to grow off of! :)
Stretch Marks: Just the old ones from my pregnancy from Ella.
Sleep: Earlier in the week, I felt more tired, but the past two nights I was actually able to stay up until 9:30!!! I haven't done that since, gosh, the day of my FET! (No joke!).
Best Moment of the Week: Seeing our little peanut for the first time at our first ultrasound yesterday. There is truly nothing like seeing the strong flicker of a beating heart, besdies my own, in my body.
Movement: Other than the gurgle before I have to throw up...nothing. :)
Symptoms: My boobs are bigger and hurt more. The cramping has died down, but is worst when I lay in bed at night. A really bad case of morning/afternoon/evening sickness. I'm hungry, but depending on what I eat, how much I eat and how fast I eat, my stomach isn't happy with me and I'm left feeling nauseaus. I've been eating a lot of small meals throughout the day, which seems to help.
Food Cravings: I was craving Spaghettios, apple juice and sharp cheddar cheese. I went to the store to pick those things up (among other things), but unfortunately, the only thing that sat well with me was the apple juice.
Gender: Aaron and Ella think we're having a girl. I think it's a boy.
What I Miss: Diet Coke! I miss going to a restaurant and havine diet coke with my meal, rather than boring water. I know it's a bit extreme to cut out soda, but I'm trying to be careful right now.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Next Friday's sonogram - we'll be able to hear our little cashew's heartbeat for the first time! :)
Weekly Wisdom: Remember that I'm pregnant when ordering a meal out. I barely got through my dinner salad and started feeling sick. I didn't get to touch my actual dinner! What a waste!
Milestones: Seeing there really is a baby growing inside me. Seeing that this little miracle is for real!
Emotions: I've been doing really good this week. I'm definitely hormonally charged, and because of that I'm quick to lose my cool and be irrational. Thankfully, Aaron is the most patient, understanding man on the face of the planet. After an irrational outbreak, rather than "fighting back," he just tells me, "I forgive you. I know it's just the pregnancy doing this to you. I love you." He's too good to me.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats!! I stopped drinking diet coke in the beginning of my pregnancy, but resumed when I hit the third trimester!
Love your updates.... and looking forward to seeing all your US photos along the way :)) Great that you're feeling really good xoxo
I love reading the weekly pregnancy updates! I always think they are so much fun to see how other ladies are doing. I laughed about the diet coke thing. That's totally me! I just now (in my 2nd trimester) started drinking caffine. You never can be too safe is my thinking!!
Congratulations! This is wonderful news.
I so know how you feel, just this past weekend I was able to eat without feeling sick right away. I do still burp like crazy and that is so annoying. So excited for yall!
Post a Comment