I've heard people say that the second beta results are more important than the first. Why, you might ask? Because, the first beta is simply the platform to go off of. The number has to double within 48 to 72 hours to indicate there is a healthy pregnancy. Regardless of what the first beta is, that is the goal for all subsequent betas.
And, boy, I tell ya! The wait for today's phone call with today's beta result was so much more worse than Saturday's wait. On Saturday, I knew I was pregnant. Maybe I was overly confident I'd get a solid first beta. But, the fact that I peed on a stick that morning and saw two dark lines made me certain I'd have a good beta.
But today. Oh gosh! The agonizing wait in finding out if that number doubled like it should was unbearable. I was pacing all afternoon (literally!) in my parents' back yard, since I locked Ella and myself out of the house (which was likely a result of being so scatterbrained today!).
And then, I got the call. :)
My 11dp6dt beta is 388!!! The number more than doubled. It more than tripled. And it almost quadrupled! I can't believe it! Aaron and I are besides ourselves in happiness!
Here is a graph of our hCG increase the past two days. My beta is the green line. As you can see, my beta started between the average and max for a singleton pregnancy, but then my doubling rate shot it up to almost the max for a singleton pregnancy.
So, now the question is presented...is there one or two buns in my oven? Based on my first beta, I was completely sold on the idea of there being one little peanut growing in there, but with such an amazing doubling time, I can't help but think there might be two. Anybody have any thoughts out there?
I know betas cannot confirm either way, so we won't truly know until our first sonogram on Friday, April 15th. Again, we wait!
But, we wait with big fat, giddy smiles plastered on our faces. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
That's such a tough call, but I would be willing to bet there's two campers in there!!!! Regardless you have either one strong one or twins!!! It's a win win!!! I can hardly wait for that sonogram in less than two weeks!!!
Congrats again Bobbi :)
OMG!!! Bobbi my beta at 11dpt5dt was 318 and I was pregnant with TWINS...(I miscarriage later on) then my beta at 13dpt5dt was 888...Sooooooooo I think you are pregnant with TWINS!!!!!!!!! ;)
Twins, twins, twins!!!
CONGRATS!! So excited for you guys, it was a long wait but well worth it I am sure. Can't wait to hear about many beans are growin in there!
Awesome news either way. :) Exciting!!
Fantastic... I've been thinking of you all day with fingers crossed - great news :)) Love always xoxo
Congratulations! Reading your amazing story gives me hope that one day I will be pregnant too! Your blog gives me hope. Thanks for sharing your story! I am so happy for you guys!
Congratulations!!!! I am sorry I missed the first news of your BFP! I am so freaking excited that your second beta shot up there!!!!!!
What great news! I am so excited for you guys!
Brilliant news Bobbi!!! You can relax now!!!
Well my second beta number was in the 575's. So you might be having twins!!!
Woo-hoo! Yay for great numbers. My first u/s is that day, too! Praying for great results for us both.
Awesome news! Can't wait to hear how many!
Great news! So excited for you!!!!
Yay! Congrats - I'm thinking twins! So happy for you! ENJOY!
I say TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear:)
Congrats! I had been stalking your blog ever since I came accross this infertility blogging community. My husband and I are diagnosed with MFI and are starting our first round of IVF this month... yur blog gives me hope that we can have success on our journey too!!!
Post a Comment