Sunday, April 17, 2011

Introducing Jelly Bean Johnson

As promised, here are our baby's first pictures.

There is very little to see at 6 weeks, but what it does show is that I am pregnant and the baby and I are doing just fine. :)


The pictures consecutively zoom in, with the third picture giving the best view of the fetus. On the third picture are two small x's, where the doctor outlines the head and the rump of the baby, getting a solid measurement of his/her growth.

The baby is pressed up against the side of the gestational sac (I think that's what it's called?) and the yolk sac is attached to him/her, which provides nourishment.

I might suggest double-clicking on the pictures to get a better view, but even then, it's hard to see. (And, if you choose to double-click, you'll be able to see at the bottom left that he/she is measuring right on time. Praise, God!).

I'm excited for my ultrasound on Friday to see how much this little bean grows in one week!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh Bobbi, I can't imagine how happy you are at this moment. Is a dream come true!! you give me hope girl!!!... praying for you and you little bean.

Angie said...

How precious! I hope all contiues to go well for you and your little jelly bean!

B- said...

It looks perfect! I am so excited to for you! You give me hope and I look forward to following you through this journey!

Hillary said...

What perfectly beautiful pictures! It's always so wonderful see a new life on its way! I'm so glad that everything is going great!

Cori said...

Yay for Jelly Bean Johnson!!!! So awesome!

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

Aww what a perfect bean! Can't wait to see your next U/S!!

DandelionBreeze said...

Love the photos... s/he looks gorgeous already :)) xoxo

Melanie Mueller said...

Hi~ I found your blog through my sister in law Hillary's blog.
Anyway, Congratulations to you!! Jelly Bean Johnson look perfect!! So glad everything is going well. BTW, your little girl is ADORABLE!!

Jessica said...

So neat! Congrats!

Crossing My Fingers said...

So happy for you Bobbi!

Kristen said...

How precious!!!