Spotting. A pregnant woman's worst nightmare. Fear immediately surfaces once blood is seen. And fear is what kept me awake last night.
I woke up around 2:00 for one of my nightly bathroom visits, and sure enough, when I wiped, there was some orange-red discharge/blood gook. I let out a desperate, "No, God! No!" I wiped again, and there was more.
I quietly made myself back to bed, not really wanting to wake my snoring husband up.
I felt like I was reliving a night during my first trimester with Ella. Aaron and I were up all night with bleeding and period-like cramps. I can't remember how far along I was, but I'm guessing 6 to 7 weeks. I had spent a lot of time on the phone with my mid-wife, who told me to schedule an ultrasound first thing in the morning. She told me based on what I was telling her, it sounded like I was miscarrying.
That was such an awful night.
We ended up seeing perfect baby Ella the next morning, and the bleeding had died down.
So, I woke up Aaron, and he told me not to worry. How is that so easy for him to say? I cried (a lot), but his confidence helped my crying session from lasting all night.
And, needless to say, the bleeding (if you can call that orange-red gook that) didn't last long at all. It stopped after those two first wipes. I went to the bathroom two more times that night and nada!
Lets just say this incident left me spending a lot of time with God last night. I just prayed and prayed and prayed, and I think I fell asleep praying because I never remember saying, "Amen." :)
And now, as a result of seeing the blood, I'm so sensitive to my cramping. I'm telling Aaron it feels more like period cramps, and he's like, "But you can't be starting your period!" I explained that miscarriage cramps feel like period cramps. He just looks at me like I'm crazy because he's so confident with this entire pregnancy.
And, I am too! I really am confident. I'm just scared at the same time.
Oh, and when I told Aaron that bleeding during the first trimester is more common in twin pregnancies, he's like, "Oh, this all makes sense then, because you're pregnant with twins." Oh, Aaron. He makes me smile. :)
Anybody out there have some spotting stories to share to put my heart at ease? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
I had really light brown spotting after getting my BFP and everything ended up being fine. My RE told me it was just implantation bleeding. I also had period like cramping. Good luck sweetie!
Bobbi, I had spotting on and off up until around 15 weeks when I was pregnant with my twins. I found out it was a polyp on my cervix. It is very scary! I have you and baby (ies) in my prayers!
Margit
I had spotting right around now when I got pregnant. I freaked out and went in for an early ultrasound. It was then that I discovered that I was having twins. I know it is scary, but it sounds exactly like what happened to me. I was 5 weeks 6 days then. I am pretty sure you will be ok, but if you are like me, I would go for an ultrasound asap. Just beware that you might here the word "TWO!!" Let me know how it goes. You are in my prayers.
I spotted all through my first trimester with my son and first daughter and they are fine. But I know how scary it is.
I had spotting right around the same time, and my dr. told me it's because I was taking progesterone suppositories; supposedly they make your cervix very tender so anything that would bother it (sex, ultrasound, etc.) could cause some spotting. Praying that everything will be okay!
I spotted about this time as well. I also cramped from transfer till about 6 weeks. I did spot again at approx. 5 weeks. It was red but not heavy and went away in a few hours.
I'm sure everything is ok!! Sending love.
Forgot to add -- my husband is the same way. He is very positive.
If you want or have any more spotting your RE should be able to give you an U/S. My first was 5w2d, no heartbeats at that point but closed cervix/no bleeds.
Just in case you need one more person to tell you how normal spotting is during pregnancy...:)
I spotted at least once during all of my pregnancies! Just take things very easy on your body for the next couple of days for "just in case". Rest a lot and drink tons of water! I'll be thinking about you!
Bobbi, I am just catching up with your wonderful news of the pregnancy! Congratulations! I am so sorry about your scare last night, I am keeping you in my prayers for an uneventful and beautiful pregnancy :-)
Sending lots of prayers!
Hugs and prayers coming your way!
My bestie had spotting for the first several weeks of her pregnancy...she went in to have things checked out and saw baby A AND baby B for the first time :) I say twins for you!!
I had spotting early on after our IVF and am now 25 weeks pregnant with twins...our RE told us spotting was very common with IVF, especially with twins - maybe theres two!
What a scare! Glad it stopped! Maybe it's two?! :-)
Oh-how scary! Prayers and hugs lady!
What a difficult night... I would have been so anxious too but I've had so many friends have spotting on/off throughout their T1 plus reassured by my own doctors that spotting/bleeding is very common (almost normal) during pregnancy... but alway good to check with your docs and always nice to get a reassuring US. Love to you and your bub/s xoxo
I also spotted for about a day around 5 weeks. It was nothing to worry about. It stopped and never came back. I know its hard to wait for your next appt! Hang in there!
I went to HS with your husband. Found your blog from the reunion page...anyway. I bleed for weeks with cramping. No HB until 7.5 weeks. Told to prepare for a mc from a mean nurse. It was scary with lots of days spent watching my uterus. Well... that little one will be FIVE this month. Keep your chin up!
I am sooo sorry you had this scare, but believe everything is okay. It's in HIS hands and this will work!
I'm so sorry for the scare and so happy that you are not having anymore of that awful and distressful spotting!! I have been told several times that spotting is normal and I have woken up with cramps a lot in the last few days, but remind myself, this is normal, almost all my pregnant friends have experienced this.
I know it's normal for us to worry. I'll continue to pray for your healthy pregnancy:)
Post a Comment