Friday, April 15, 2011

My Heart is Bursting at the Seams

Although I can't say Aaron and I aren't a little disappointed there weren't two babies, we are over the moon happy to let you all know that we have one healthy peanut!!! He/she is measuring exactly to date (6 weeks 0 days) with a strong flickering heartbeat! :)

Right when the sonogram began, I saw the big black blob indicating that I am, in fact, pregnant. The doctor scrolled around looking for another, which only took a couple seconds, and my heart sank a little when I realized there was only that one black blob. One of the embryos didn't make it. :(

But, my mourning of the loss of the one embryo quickly passed as I began to focus on the beautiful peanut that did decide to stick around. :)

And, as I was focusing my attention on the black blob (where my baby should be), I started to worry. I was looking back and forth between my doctor and the monitor, and then back again to my doctor. My heart started beating really fast. My doctor just stared at the black blob, not saying anything! To an unprofessional eye (like my own), I could see absolutely nothing in it! I thought I'd be able to easily make out the embryo, but I couldn't!

My eyes starting glazing over in fear.

I thought my worst nightmare was coming true.

I thought the doctor was going to tell us there was no embryo in there.

But, after 30 very long seconds, she said, "Everything looks great. See that little flicker? That's your baby's heart beating!"

A flicker that I would've easily missed had she not pointed it out to me.

Then, she measured our little peanut and said he/she is very obedient already because he/she is measuring right on time. Thank you, God!

I have another ultrasound scheduled for next Friday (7 weeks) to hear the heartbeat. I can't wait!

I'm so happy that I can now hold my already growing baby bump and know there is a strong little baby in there, healthy and growing.

God already blessed us with a natural miracle, our beautiful daughter, Ella.

Now, He is enriching us with an IVF miracle.

I am blessed beyond words.

I am immeasurably blessed.

P.S. I will post the ultrasound pictures tomorrow! :)

14 comments:

Brandi said...

EEeek congratulations!!

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic news... congratulations :)) Great to see your little one and know that it's growing so well.... love to you and your family on such happy news xoxo

Jessica said...

Congrats! You are VERY BLESSED indeed. Treasure your pregnancy. :)

Nic said...

That is great news!!
Congrats!!
x

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy everything went well!! I know that I'll feel the same thing for a moment if I find out we aren't having twins. I can't wait to see your US picture because mine is on exactly 6 weeks 1 day and I want to know what to expect to see! :)

Jessica White said...

Praise be to God!
I know you guys were concerned about the possiblity of twins, but I know that feeling of disappointment when it is only one little one growing in there.

I'm glad every thing looked wonderful! Can't wait to see your baby's first (or second rather picture)!

Hillary said...

I'm just so excited for you! I knew that your time was coming soon! Congratulations and I can't wait to hear more!

Lots of Love!

Lola said...

So happy for you!!! congrats!! Can't wait to see the ultrasound pics!!!! :D

Bridget said...

This is such great news!! I can't wait for you to hear the heartbeat!! :)

Anonymous said...

So happy for you Bobbi :)

Kelly said...

Great news Bobbi! Isn't that just the greatest sight...that little flickering heart beating away...makes me tear up just thinking about it!

Jos said...

yay!!!! so relieved to hear the u/s went well!

Rach said...

Yay congrats on your precious baby!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I loved reading your post. I am 6 weeks 3 days pregnant and my husband and I saw our little one on Monday. We have tried for 11 years to get pregnant and finally we are! It was so nice to see our baby's strong flickering heart on the screen. I can't wait to see our baby again in 2 weeks! I pray that you will have a healthy strong baby, God bless!