How Far Along: 8 weeks!
Size of Baby: On average 0.63 inches and 0.04 oz. (The size of a big raspberry). My uterus, however, is the size of a grapefruit. No wonder I'm feeling all that pulling and cramping. Making room for that baby!
Picture of Baby: No picture this week.
8 weeks - Baby Johnson is growing at an amazing rate — about a millimeter every day — and now is the size of a large raspberry. He/she is looking a lot less reptilian (even though he/she has webbed fingers and toes, his/her tail is just about gone) and a lot more baby-like these days, as are his/her lips, nose, eyelids, legs, and back continue to take shape. His/her heart is beating at the incredible rate of 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as mine! And even though I can't yet feel it, he/she is now making spontaneous movements as he/she twitches her tiny trunk and limb buds. (Information taken from What to Expect's website).
Maternity Clothes: I might be shopping this weekend. :)
Weight Gain: I didn't gain or lose this week. Still down about four pounds since the day of the FET.
Stretch Marks: I have them, but none from this pregnancy...yet!
Sleep: I've been going to bed early, but having a hard time staying asleep. Weird sleep patterns this past week. I don't know what's up with that. I'm also afraid to lay on my stomach already. (I know, that's ridiculous!). So, maybe because I'm consciously aware of what position I'm in, I'm not sleeping as soundly. I don't know!
Best Moment of the Week: Soaking in the congratulations over Easter with my family! Everybody's love, support and excitement meant the world to us.
Movement: Even though Jelly Bean is moving around in there, I can't feel it.
Symptoms: Same as last week...nausea (with throwing up!) and fatigue. However, I've been feeling more stretching pains lately! Any sort of cramping is scary, but I think it's safe to say this cramping means one thing...the baby is growing! :)
Food Cravings: Potato salad. 'Nuf said.
Gender: Aaron and Ella think we're having a girl. I think it's a boy.
What I Miss: Breakfast. It just ain't happening these days. I nibble on Saltines and apple sauce at work all morning.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Seeing Jelly Bean on May 16th and meeting the doctor who will be bringing him/her into the world. :)
Weekly Wisdom: Listen to your body. If you need to rest...REST!
Milestones: 8 weeks. That's enough of a milestone for me! :)
Emotions: I haven't been as irritable lately. Thank goodness! Maybe my body is getting used to the pregnancy hormones. I've just been happy, lately. Nauseas, but very, very happy...just as it should be.
10 comments:
Yay!! I'm so happy for you. All great news!!!
Happy 8 weeks!! I used to eat baby carrots every morning, they were the only thing I could get down.
SOOO happy for you and your family!! :) You're little baby bump is absolutely adorable!
Happy maternity great shopping :))... and you're definitely starting to "look" pregnant - fantastic xoxo
Happy 8 weeks! Going fast!
I have been wanting to do a post like this, but can't seem to bring myself to type it up. It has been so hard accepting that this pregnancy is real, after thinking for so long that maybe it just wasn't in the cards for us. Seeing your post just now, i'm inspired to just do it!
I haven't been able to fit into my pants for well over a week now. I am glad to see that your belly is growing too! I guess I'd always thought that I wouldn't start showing until the second trimester. I broke down last night and ordered a weeks worth of maternity pants from old navy!
I also have to say that it is comforting to read that a veteran mama is just as scared by the cramps as I am. I want everything to be growing, but those cramps sure do make me nervous!
Congrats again!
I love the little baby bump! Happy 8 weeks!
Yay, Bobbi! Love seeing your baby growing! Just a little tip for the nausea, someone recommnded half a can of Dr. pepper in the am am (regular not diet) and it worked for me when I was pregnant with Ben, at least took a little bit of the edge off! I was worried about the caffeine. Utbmy midwife said it was such a small amount and she's had a lot of women try this trick and have it work!
hey, I am a new follower. Crazy to see a bump already at 8 weeks. I am 6 week with twins and know it wont be long. congrats!
Cute little baby bump Bobbi!! I can't believe you are 8 weeks already... & I can't wait to see what you do with the nursery!! Congrats again and again!
Post a Comment