Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blessings

This song brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. Walking through infertility brings more questions than answers, more pain than joy, more tears than smiles.



But, what if it is those unanswered questions that are God's blessings on us?

What if the pain we are enduring is only because God knows the joy that is coming?

What if all our tears are not forsaken, but instead are blessings in disguise? Each tear that has glazed our cheeks has not been in vain.

God hears every spoken word, cried out in anger or humbly whispered, and even if His answer is not as we would hope, His blessing is still there. He knows what he's doing, even if we feel lost, confused and angry.

Our infertility is a blessing, whether we are able to see it now or not. The painful trials God places in our lives are not for no reason at all. There is a perfect reason behind our seemingly imperfect situations, and we just have to open our eyes to see the blessings.

And, even though I'm typing this as a now pregnant woman, my heart is still that of an infertile woman. All that time fighting the fight isn't forgotten the second two lines appear. Infertility changes a woman, and I am trying to be living proof that it can change a woman for the better.

I am blessed. I am so very blessed.

I was blessed even before I became pregnant.

2 comments:

LC said...

Thanks for this post dear - your thoughts are encouraging. I often take for granted the blessings I do have in my life. Sometimes they are so hard to cherish when I feel so empty in other ways. I pray that someday I understand God's plan for me. I hope I soon am able to replace pain with joy.

Kristen said...

I heard this song on the way to work a couple of weeks ago and started crying! It's beautiful!