Sunday, April 3, 2011

I've Been Keeping A Secret from You

So, I've been keeping a pretty big secret from you for most of the week.


I know, I know...how could I keep this from you? Why did I not let everybody know? Well, a couple reasons really:
  1. Aaron wouldn't let me! No joke! He told me to keep this to myself until we received confirmation from our blood test yesterday. Even though a line is a line is a line and I was clearly pregnant, there is something comforting about having a positive beta test, so I agreed with him.
  2. I wanted to tell people in real life before posting anything on my blog (because I have a lot of people in real life read my blog), but I didn't want to tell everybody until beta confirmation.
So, you see, I wasn't trying to be deceiving, and it really was so hard (you have no idea!) keeping this from you all. I was almost not going to write any posts at all, but I figured you all would want to hear from me, so I tried my hardest to write posts that didn't lie to you about me knowing I'm pregnant, but still didn't let you know I'm pregnant. LOL! Make sense?

Because I didn't blog about it, here's what happened.

On my way home from work Tuesday afternoon (5dp6dt), I picked up some Walgreens home pregnancy tests. I was feeling down, really thinking it didn't work (because of the cramping), and I just wanted to put myself out of my misery to see if there was a chance that a line would show up.

Sure enough, there was a super duper faint blue line. I was cautiously excited because I've heard of evaporation lines looking like faint lines (but this wouldn't have been an evaporation line because it showed up within the first couple minutes). However, I had never seen the slightest resemblance of a line the entire time I was trying to conceive, so I was also very optimistic.

I called Aaron to have him pick up a pack First Response pregnancy tests. I told him that I think I might be pregnant. I'm sure that was the longest 40-minute drive home he's ever had. (Sorry, honey!).

So, the second he came home, using mid-afternoon urine (that I held for maybe 3 hours, so it wasn't too diluted), I peed on a stick, and sure enough...this is what we saw. It is very faint, but definitely there. You see it?


This was one of the happiest moments of my life seeing that true line. That unmistakable second line revealing to me what I longed to know for so long. That I was indeed, finally pregnant! Aaron was way cautious, though, and totally brought down the mood. Even though he knew I was right, like I said, he wanted beta conformation.

Side note: When I got pregnant with Ella, the second line was very faint as well, but I knew that a line is a line is a line so I was crying in hysteric happiness and he was like, "Lets wait to see the doctor." He sure knows how to kill a girl's thunder. I know and understand his reasoning, but still, give a pregnant girl a little slack here, especially this time around since we've gone through so much and wanted it so bad!

This is what the line looked like Wednesday morning (6dp6dt) using first morning urine. The line is maybe a little darker than the first test, but barely 12 hours had between passed, so my hCG level didn't increase that much.


Thursday morning (7dp6dt) the line was much darker and at this point, it's really starting to settle in that I'm pregnant. Aaron is finally starting to accept that this is real. :)


Friday (8dp6dt) morning's line was darker yet. Almost the same consistency as the control line. Aaron knows now. Watching the lines grow darker each day helped him come around. :)


This was the test taken the morning of our beta blood test. The lines are the same in darkness. :)


It's been a wonderful week. A very, very wonderful week. :)

16 comments:

Hillary said...

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

I almost commented asking if you'd cheated yet and took a HPT but held myself back for fear that you would cheat if you weren't wanting too and then what if things didn't work out...

I'm super excited for you and can't wait to hear more!! Congratulations again!

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic... congratulations again :)) I've been so excited and happy for you :) I love all the pregnancy tests... my husband says that we should have brought shares in First Response a few years ago and would have made a fortune by now just on the ovulation and preg tests that I've done !! Look after yourself and enjoy every minute. Love always xoxo

courtney said...

So happy for you! Been waiting for this post all week....heck, all year! Love you and Congrats Bobbie! Looking forward to holding my new cousin during the holidays!!

Christi said...

the best kept secret. I am so excited for your family. You and your family have been in my prayers for a few weeks...and now are in my praise and prayers.

Christi

Jos said...

What a wonderful secret to keep. ;) I'll probably do something similar (b/c of the IRL ppl that read my blog)... hoping and praying I get the same result as you!!!!!

Nic said...

Congratulations!!!

Cori said...

Yay! I am sooooo very excited for you. What a great secret to get to keep!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you. :)

Kim said...

I totally don't blame you for keeping it private until you were able to announce, I would have done the same. I am so happy for you and inspired by your success, and definitely a tad bit jealous, but aren't we all?!?! Xoxoxoxoxoxo

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS! I am so happy for you !!!! :) I've been following all along this IVF journey and honestly, I will feel much better now if I have any cramping, just knowing you still got a BFP :)

waiting and wishing said...

I kept wondering if you were not telling us everything :) Your success makes me feel a lot better as we head into our first IVF cycle. I am super excited for you guys!!

Ericka said...

Congratulations! I'm with the other girls...I kind of figured you had to POAS at some point, I know I couldn't keep myself from doing it if it was me, but what an awesome secret to keep. :)

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

I totally knew it when you didn't blog about POAS! I almost emailed you to call you out! I am so happy for you!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Woo hoo! SO happpy for your family! I know your pregnancy will be nothing but bliss from here on out!

Just think..you had a rough Christmas last year and this year, youll have a newborn to experience it with!

Anonymous said...

THat is amazing news!!! I can't believe you held it in but I completely understand :) Congrats

cfgenie said...

Hi there, I know this post is old, but its relevant :-) I found your blog last week while searching for "progesterone shots"... once I started reading, I couldn't stop! Your story is so similar to my own. I got pregnant with my daughter (now 4 and a half) naturally, no issues. Then trying for 3 years to have another baby has led us down the IVF route. Fresh IVF didn't take 2 months ago, this month, we did a frozen transfer and I am currently on day 9 after. I also cheated and have been taking the home tests, and since about day 5, the faintest of faint pink lines has been appearing! Each day, just like yours, the line is getting darker! I am so glad I found your blog when I did (the day of my transfer). It was so inspiring to read, thank you for sharing. And more importantly, congratulations on your beautiful family :-)