Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Balance

Surprisingly, I'm not referring to life - balancing work, being a mom, being a homemaker and being a wife - but instead I'm talking about the mind-body balance!

I really feel like God is persistently trying to tell me something here! I'm a stubborn gal, so He knows it takes a bit of effort to get through to me. :)

As I wrote in God is Speaking to Me Through Others, Sandy (being one of those people I referred to in that post), the nurse at Aaron's previous school, mailed me Molecules of Emotions, by Candace B. Pert, Ph.D. She encouraged me to read this book because it opened her eyes to the power of the mind-body connection while battling cancer, and she thought maybe becoming aware of this connection might help me through my infertility.


I skimmed through parts of the books where Dr. Pert talked "science," but by the end of the book (which read much like an autobiographical novel) I gained so much knowledge and interest about the mind-body connection. It's truly amazing how the body is a reflection of its mind! I'm definitely fascinated, to say the least. I hope I can apply what Dr. Pert preaches on how to keep the mind-body connection healthy, especially as I start preparing my mind and body for our next step.

And then, God talks to me again...through another book, no less!

Aaron went over to his best bud, Jesse's, place on Sunday and he came back with The Infertility Cure, by Randine Lewis, Ph.D.



Jesse and his wife thought this book might help us as we move closer to IVF. I opened it up and was immediately drawn in. Again...the mind-body connection! I've read only a little bit, but I have to tell you, I'm hooked! This new truth that is being exposed to me is refreshing and organic.

And then, to top it off, while blog hopping tonight, I came across a fellow blogger who was trying Circle Bloom. It's meditation training to help with conception, both naturally and through medicated cycles (like IVF). God, are you still trying to get through to me?

A description from the website says, "Start using one of the most powerful tools you have to optimize your health, well-being and fertility – your brain. Our programs are based on the brain's scientifically proven ability to direct the body to affect real physical changes. For fertility, pregnancy and energy."

I tried a sample session and after the 15 minutes, I really felt good. I felt like I sent positive energy into my body (and ovaries, to be more exact) through my mind. Some of you may be rolling your eyes right now, but I don't care! The program cost $60.00, so I doubt I'll be purchasing it. Maybe I'll just use the sample session over and over again. :)

Alright, I'm going to bed, but I'll leave you with a quote by Lao-Tze.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.


See? It all starts with our mind!

4 comments:

Micha said...

Hi Bobbi, I too am having trouble getting pregnant (I am 'old', approaching 39). We have had some tests, and our next step is to see a gynecologist. Thank you for writing this post, I am definitely going to check out the resources you recommended. Best of luck on your journey!

Mrs. S said...

Very true! I think I'll have to check those books out.

We have Angel Wings said...

Bobbi~

Are you trying to get through to me!? If you'll recall in my last post I wrote, "If I hear think positive thoughts one more time, I'm going to pull my hair out!"

As hard as it may be I'm trying to be positive through all this heartache. I do believe in meditation and acupuncture and taking care of one's self. But when your heart has been shattered into a million pieces... how do you continue on?

Anyway - I have the Infertility Cure and it's a great book I'm going to check out the other two you mentioned and hopefully I will grow as much as you are! I'm so excited to follow your journey and will continue to cheer you on.

♥ Tarah

Jos said...

I LOVED The Infertility Cure, as well as Circle+Bloom. The mind is truly a powerful thing. Good luck on your journey!