His answers to everyone's prayers always fall in one of these three areas.
Yes.
No.
Or...GROW!!!
I know what my answer has been these past two years. Rather than searching for that "Yes!" month after month, I needed to search within myself and grow! I think in the past I was focusing too much attention on that "Yes!" answer, that I turned a deaf ear to the answer He is giving me. The answer to grow!
I'm growing through this journey. I now understand that God is answering the prayer I pray everyday...the prayer for a second child...by giving me this opportunity to GROW. To grow into a better woman of God, to grow into a stronger wife, to grow into a more patient mother for Ella, but most importantly, to grow into a better version of myself. I am so not the person I was two years ago, and I really do have my infertility to thank for that.
So, as I look back at these past two years, I now see that God never denied me an answer to my prayers. He has answered me in bright, bold certainty. Grow, Bobbi!
In my heart of hearts, I know He will bless me, whether naturally or through IVF, with another child(ren). I know my role as mother doesn't stop with Ella. So, until that time comes, I hope to continue growing. Thank you, God, for giving me this opportunity. Maybe this wait isn't that bad after all?
Okay, I said maybe! :)
1 comment:
Amen, Sister. Well said!!
Hugs,
Gina
Post a Comment