Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mini Heart Attack

Last night, when I got onto the computer, I saw that someone (or something) had hacked into my e-mail account and sent out a link to everybody in my contact list. It looked like the e-mail bounced back from each contact (maybe everybody's e-mail address recognized it was a virus or spam). In any case, Google realized there was suspicious activity and made me confirm I was the owner of that e-mail account by receiving a code via text message. I was really surprised that those extra precautionary steps were taken, but grateful. So, now my password is "strong" as opposed to "weak," and I will be signing off every time, rather than just closing the window.

Of course, finding my e-mail was hacked was upsetting enough, but then while going through my e-mails I came across two e-mails asking if I deleted my blog!!! I seriously had a mini heart attack at that moment. Gmail and Blogger are interconnected (same username and password), so with my Gmail being hacked, I thought for sure something was done with my Blogger account. I signed in and closed my eyes, afraid to open them, and when I did, I saw my blog! Oh, so much joy rushed through my body.

I never realized my blog meant so much to me! But, why wouldn't it? After all, I've poured my heart and soul into my blog and losing all my posts, not to mention lose all the friends I've made throughout the blogging community, would be so devastating!

2 comments:

H said...

I'm so glad everything is okay!

Anonymous said...

That would be so scary!! I just had my email hacked about a week ago. They sent spam out to my email lists too AND deleted ALL my sent mail. I had stuff I was saving. :-( I hate hackers. They need to get a life.
Anyway... I said all that to say that I SO understand why it would be so devastating to lose your blog. I am so glad it still looks perfect!!