Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Received the Best Compliment Today

My mother-in-law e-mailed me this morning. Nothing out of the ordinary as we e-mail each other all the time. I thought I'd simply read an update on her going-ons while they are vacationing in Sunriver, Oregon, maybe a quick response on yesterday's blog post, possibly some questions on how Ella and Aaron are doing. Little did I know that I'd receive the best compliment I have ever received in a long time (if not, ever!). She said:

"Your devotion to God is making ME a better person."

Wow!!! I told Janice that those words meant the world to me. I had never been told that before! I had never been told that my faith in God and the hope that He brings me affected another person. That my faith actually made another person better! I smiled a gimpy smile for the longest time after reading that. When I told Aaron, he could tell how much those words meant to me.

I will cherish that compliment forever. Thank you, J!

Knowing that I am bringing positivity into Janice's life makes me feel so good, considering all that is going on in her and my father-in-law's lives right now. Dan is battling cancer, each day bringing unpredictable ups and downs, and through their walk together, they have drawn on God for strength and hope. I'm grateful that my story can make that walk a little easier.

A part of me thinks that perhaps God's plan was for all of us to walk through these times together. Even though infertility cannot compare to cancer on any level whatsoever, it is still a personal battle. It's a situation beyond our control. Both Dan and I are victims of our bodies. Cancer is hiding somewhere in his body, while my womb remains empty. I pray that someday soon both he and I will be blessed. Through these tough times, we (along with Janice, Aaron, and Aaron's brother, Andy) are appreciating life on a whole new level.

And, Janice, if you're reading this (and I know you are), YOU are making ME a better person, too. With what you and Dan have gone through this past year, I admire your bravery, persistence, love and devotion.

5 comments:

westmetromommy said...

What a beautiful post! I just found your blog through FMBT and I'm your newest follower. I can't wait to read more of your posts!

Miranda Ward said...

Hi! I'm from FMBT, If you Haven't Already Please Follow Back

Miranda

http://mommaissweeping.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Hey girl! I saw your comment and wanted to tell you before I got busy or forgot. My Connor-boo turned five in May...and we could send him to Kindergarten this year if we wanted to...but we decided to do Pre-K instead. He has been to a 3-day-a-week Preschool the last three years but this year he will do a different 5-day Pre-K Program. Then Kindergarten next year. It's just a personal preference thing, not a state thing or anything like that!!! We just decided he could use one more year as a "transition." (And so could his Mommy!!! :) ha!)

And as far as TTC, we tried on our own for a little more than a year....then I did Clomid. It was horrible, but on the last cycle we got our sweet baby girl. It was really, really hard on me, though, with all the side effects, etc. If we hadn't gotten pregnant that cycle we probably would have gone to a fertility specialist and looked at the "next steps" to decide if we would take those. I know you are so, so frustrated and just despairing and I have been right there. I soooo have. But there is another side and you will get here. I know it. So don't stop hoping and believing and praying.

waiting and wishing said...

Your faith IS inspiring!

Anonymous said...

This actually put a tear in my eye! We never really know how our faith impacts others. Sometimes we don't get to see the fruit of it... but those moments when we do, make it ALL worth it.
I am standing in the gap for my family... believing that if I remain faithful, and never grow weary from doing the right thing... that I just might make a difference. And you know what? It's a big responsibility! It truly makes us realize that it's not all about us... but that we are representing Him.

YES, girl... Your faith makes people better. Keep your head high.
You are making a difference.

I just LOVE this post!!