Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Prayers are in Canby

As some of you know or have read in previous posts, my father-in-law is battling prostate cancer right now. Despite radiation treatment these past few months, we just received news that his PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) levels have gone up again. The fast rate his PSA is rising signals to his doctor that the cancer is aggressive. He is also losing a lot of weight pretty rapidly, which shouldn't be happening considering the hormone shots he's taking usually results in weight gain. I won't go into any more details, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE lift him up in your prayers. He will be undergoing more testing within these next couple weeks that will provide more answers. Dan's strength is resolute, though. He takes each day as it comes, each test as it comes, trusting in the doctors and, I hope, trusting in God, too.

Aaron, Ella and I surely wish we could be with Dan (and of course, you too, Janice!) during this time.  It's so hard to be hundreds of miles away, feeling helpless and concerned, and wanting so badly to just be up there to help him walk through this difficult time. Our hearts are surely up there, though, feeling the same aches, searching for answers or relief, and always hoping for a better tomorrow. And not only are our hearts up there, but apparently our fruit too!!!


Check that out! A Turlock Fruit Co. cantaloupe made it all the way up to Canby, Oregon, and not only that, but in my in-laws' house! I'm sure they thought of us with every juicy bite they took. :)

5 comments:

waiting and wishing said...

Your family is in my prayers. I read your 101 in 1001 this morning, and was wondering where in Oregon you were wishing you could move back to... just down the road from me!

H said...

I have to say, that Turlock cantaloupe was AMAZING! Very juicy and delicious. And we certainly did think of you all while enjoying it in Sunriver! Wish you all were up here with us during this hard time. Cancer is so scary, and Dan is such an amazing father/father-in-law... It's so hard seeing someone usually so strong and vibrant, grow so tired and weak. We are all praying for him! Love you guys.

Unknown said...

Bobbi I was so sorry to read this post. We are lifting your father-in-law and your family in our prayers. Please keep me updated.

Anonymous said...

praying for him! keep us updated!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. Your family is adorable! I am sorry that your father-in-law is battling cancer. I will be lifting him up in prayer and strength for your family too.