Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Orderliness

Even though I can deal with messes much better than Aaron, I must say not having our kitchen in order is slowly wearing me away. In fact, we were strongly considering going to Monterey overnight as a final get-away before Aaron and Ella start school again, but we both agreed that coming home to an unfinished kitchen would NOT be fun.

We miss orderliness! So much so that even though Aaron vowed to not help me anymore, he helped me put wood filler on holes and gaps today. The pool was the only thing keeping his sanity. Once his core temperature got too hot and his forehead was beaded with sweat, he took a dip. All the time, Ella was playing in the pool with two My Little Pony ponies, a turtle and a rubber ducky. She was having a blast!

As of late this afternoon, all the trim work is glued and nail gunned onto the cabinet doors and drawers. Take a look for yourself!

The drawers were not nearly as time-consuming as the doors, as you can probably tell.


These doors are ready for painting!


I'm really surprised at how well I matched the 45-degree angles. For not having worked with wood much before (other than installing crown moulding in some of our rooms and floor moulding throughout the entire house), I'm quite proud of the way everything is turning out. 


Our entire back porch is filled with unhinged doors and drawers! But hey, at least the mess it outside, right?!


I figure I should show you some of Ella's artwork from her countless hours painting. This is by far her best piece! What does it look like to you?


Bad boy! Ella must've left a lot of crumbs on the table tonight. Enough for Bob to catch a whiff through his limiting Pug nose. He was scolded, but of course, after I got a picture. :)


This has to be one of the highlights from the past week! I found the cross Sister (Becca @ Food, Fitness & Faith) gave me last year as a Matron-of-Honor gift. The fragile chain holding the cross broke some time ago and I thought it was gone forever. I'm so happy I found it! Now, to make my way to a store and get a new, more sturdy chain. I can't wait to wear this necklace again. :)


Wearing this necklace will help keep God center in my life. I remember simply feeling it on my neck or seeing it while looking in the mirror was all the reminder I needed to focus my attention on God. If I did that more in my life, I think I would be a happier person. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Bobbi. I know it's hard work... and I know the mess of the in between ALL too well. But, it will be worth it. I have to do projects like this when my hubby is gone because he can't handle the mess at all. I can't wait to see the finished product. Keep up the good work. Way to go Ella... I think it looks like the ocean and lavender fields and a sunset. ;-)

Unknown said...

I HAVE THE SAME NECKLACE!! I got it to keep my next to my heart- a physical representation of the cross I carry- the cross of infertility. Sometimes unbearably heavy, but I keep reminding myself, I'm not carrying it alone!