Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 3 Embryo Report Card

I didn't get my embryos' grades yesterday, but I called this morning to get them. Because the embryos are cultured on day 4, no measurements are taken today, so I got yesterday's measurements. The embryologist I spoke with on the phone said tomorrow's grades will be even better, and Dr. Weckstein will go over them all with me and decide which one(s) to transfer.

So, yesterday, we had the following:
  • 2 8-cell grade 1 embryos
  • 6 8-cell grade 2 embryos
  • 1 8-cell grade 3 embryo
  • 2 7-cell grade 1 embryos
  • 1 7-cell grade 2 embryos
  • 3 6-cell grade 2 embryos
  • 1 6-cell grade 3 embryo
The embryos are graded from 1 to 5, with 1 meaning textbook perfect and 5 meaning there are inconsistencies, fragmentations, discoloration, etc. He said I have a very promising arrangement of embryos! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent report! Congrats on your great embryo babies! As far as I know the plan is still that my RE will transferring 2...at least that was the original plan- and he has not told me different. I definitely want them to transfer 2 as I want to optimize our chances of concieving this cycle- and having twins would be amazing. I am 29- so a little older than you and I have never been pregnant- and we are still not sure why (hopefully it's not an implantation issue)
It sounds like you have an excellent chance of pregnancy... but if you and your husband would be happy with twins I would really push for them to transfer two. Obvioulsly there is a higher risk of prematurity.... I work in a Neonatal ICU- so I am very much aware of that- but at the same time there are many term/nearly term healthy twins born everyday. Best of luck tomorrow- I will be thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!

Rach said...

Going great!