Friday, December 17, 2010

What Our Embryos Are Up To

I know I am curious, but in case you all are too, here is a timeline of what Champ and Embry are up to this next week.

12/15 - 0dpt (dpt stands for days past transfer) - Embryo is now a blastocyst.
12/16 - 1dpt - Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day. (If you remember, Champ was already starting to hatch out of his shell, so this could've happened the day of the transfer for "him").
12/17 - 2dpt - Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining.
12/18 - 3dpt - Implantation begins, as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining.
12/19 - 4dpt - Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining.
12/20 - 5dpt - Morula (the embryos) is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells and fetal cells.
12/21 - 6dpt - Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood.
12/22 - 7dpt - More HCG is produced as fetus develops.
12/23 - 8dpt - More HCG is produced as fetus develops.
12/24 - 9dpt - HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on home pregnancy test.

I know I might be reading too much into things, but last night, while relaxing on the couch with Aaron, I suddenly felt really sharp pains on my right side. It was very focal and very sharp. It lasted for about 5 minutes, and I even told Aaron that it was weird. And he's like, "Are you implanting?" (By the way, it's so great, but also so funny, hearing my husband talk about things like that. For example, on the drive home from the egg transfer, he said, "It's so good that your uterine lining was so thick." Oh my! LOL!!!).

Okay, back to last night. The pain stopped, but then when I stood up a short while later, it was so sharp that I had to hunch over and it lasted for only a few seconds that time, but still very weird. It stopped me in my tracks.

I'm not suggesting one of the guys implanted last night, but I'm going to hold onto the hope that the pain I felt was, in fact, one of our kids burrowing himself/herself into my uterine lining. Since Champ was already hatching out of his shell the day of the transfer, there's a good chance that implantation happened a little earlier for him, right? Well, that's my logic and I'm sticking to it. :)

Other than that, I'm still feeling bloated and uncomfortable. I think I still have a lot of fluid in my ovaries from the egg retrieval. My stomach constantly feels expelled, like I'm filled with a bunch of hot air (which I probably am!). I've been wearing sweats everyday. Hey, I want to be as comfortable as I can right now. I just hope this fluid build-up, or whatever it is, subsides.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)

No comments: