Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Need Reassurance

I know I'm only 3dp5dt, and I realize cramping is to be expected, even spotting, but gosh...I need reassurance, people!

I'm cramping, which basically feels like mild period cramps...all the time. Nothing that stops me in my tracks, but definitely a dull discomfort down there, on top of the bloating. The mild cramping is there, always, and it constantly has me thinking what is going on down there?

Also, an hour or so ago, I was spotting. Or, I guess I should say, I spotted...once. When I wiped, the discharge was brown/orange in color. And that was it. Nothing more. One time. Could that be spotting from implantation?

I guess I'm just scared because every other time I've had cramps like this and spotting like that, it has resulted in my period. Every time!

Now, I know my body is going through crazy post-IVF changes and I'm still doing the Progesterone shot and taking 2 Estrace tablets every day, so that in itself can mess with things. And, if I'm pregnant, my body is going through even more changes.

These feelings are just too familiar that my mind automatically veers for the worse.

Any reassuring stories out there? Any advice? I'd love anything at this point! :)

7 comments:

Adam and Julia said...

I had cramping with the twins. I also spotted from 5-7 1/2 weeks. Everyone is different, but that could really be implantation bleeding. Keep those positive thoughts!!!

Lyndz said...

I am currently pregnant. I used clomid. Before I found out I was sure I was starting my period but the cramping was just implantation! fingers crossed for you

Anonymous said...

My guess is that it's very early to be starting your period considering you have another week and halfish for your pregnancy test. (unless cramping seems to start that early for you during a regular cycle)

Brave IVF Girl said...

Any symptoms you feel are pretty much meaningless, except in hindsight. :) Pregnancy and PMS have the same symptoms, so don't freak yourself out. Just hang in there -- you'll know really soon!

Sending good thoughts your way.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Sounds like implantation to me. Im 2 days post 5day and am feeling low. Yesterday I was sure it worked, today im sure it didnt. Its a hard rollercoaster of emotions to ride for 10 days!

Hoping for the best for both of us!

Kim said...

I think it's more likely to be implantation than period coming, timing wise. It's so hard during the wait because all the sympotoms mimic each other and then there's side effects from the meds, so it's all a bit confusing. Keep the positive thoughts flowing, they can only help. xoxoxoxox

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Sounds like a good sign to me! Sending you positive thoughts!