Thursday, December 9, 2010

Honeymoon Suite without the Honeymoon

We made it to Hotel Sierra and let me tell you...this is the nicest hotel we've ever set foot in! It's super fancy, overly detailed, and incredibly suave. You can't expect anything less from a ritzy infertility clinic, though. :)

We have to be at the clinic tomorrow morning at 7:00 to prepare for my 8:00 sharp egg retrieval. I'm very grateful we won't have to make the early drive in the fog tomorrow. RSC is literally a hop, skip and jump away from the hotel.

Being in this really nice hotel without Ella makes me feel guilty for not enjoying ourselves more. One would think we'd enjoy this mini-vaca away from reality with just the two of us, but such is not the case. An overnight stay in a ritzy hotel alone should be a time for some lovin', but nope!

Instead, Aaron has a really bad cold with a 100-degree temperature, and I, well, I have never felt so bloated before in my life! I have this constant pressure in my lower abdomen where I literally feel like I'm going to explode. I cannot bend down or stand of quickly. If I do, I feel super sharp pain in both ovaries. Luckily my boss is understanding, because I worked all day in sweats today. It was either that or unbuttoned pants! :)

My dad has been jokingly referring to my follicles as icicles, always asking how my icicles are doing. It's funny because, really, I do feel like the ice queen. I have been so snappy towards Aaron, more so than any other time during our marriage. I'm not going to place all the blame on the drugs anymore. I think it's more nerves now, than anything. I'm nervous for tomorrow's procedure. I'm nervous to find out how many eggs will successfully fertilize with Aaron's sperm, and how good of quality our embryos will be. I'm nervous for the egg transfer next week. And, most of all, I'm nervous that our dreams of parenting another child will not be answered with IVF.

But...

Worrying is the opposite of having faith. And faith is what I am holding onto tonight in preparation for tomorrow's procedure. And faith is what I will continue to hold onto until we are told the three most beautiful words. No, not "I love you" (although everybody enjoys hearing that).

But instead, "You are pregnant." :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes tomorrow, Bobbi. Praying for you as always and knowing that your faith will be a rock in this experience. :)

Kim said...

I'll be thinking about you today Bobbi, saying a prayer and wishing nothing but the best possible outcome for you and Aaron. Keep the faith sister, because you are absolutely right, then there's no room for worry. xoxoxoxox

Christina said...

Good luck tomorrow, Bobbi! I hope that it all goes well, and that you get your BFP!

Michelle said...

Wishing you the best of luck today! FX for great eggs & embies!

waiting and wishing said...

Keep the faith! I'll be praying for your growing family this morning!

Life Happens said...

Hoping all goes well for you today! Keep up the faith!

Anonymous said...

I've been following for a while and I just wanted to say hi :) and I hope everything goes well today!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck today- you another step closer. It's hard not to worry- It seems no matter how hard I try to stay calm and optomistic- there is still some nagging worrying thoughts that creep in. Hang in there.

Amy said...

Thinking of you today Bobbi. You are so strong and I admire you :)

Jessica White said...

I'm a little late to the party: I hope it all went well today for you....sending lots of prayers your way.

"Cast all your anxieties on Him, for he cares for you."
1 peter 5:7