Friday, December 31, 2010

Good Bye, 2010! Nice Knowing Ya!

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days now. I'm still learning to cope with life after a failed IVF cycle and have, in turn, been in a writing slump (well, really a life slump, which is then reflected in my lack of blog posts).

Overall, I'm doing pretty well. I have my moments, but I'm entitled to those moments. I'm very glad for our unsuccessful IVF to come at the end of 2010. This year has been rough and the negative results coming last week reemphasizes how much disappointment this year has brought us, and puts a big fat period (literally!) at the end.

But, now that 2010 is officially done, Aaron and I are forced (in a good way) to look to the future, rather than dwell on the past. 2010 is over. The heartbreak, the pain, the tears are "so last year," and we are now living in the here and now. In 2011.

So, with the half glass full, I'm keeping my head high and my faith higher. 2011 is going to be the year. I can feel it!

If you are new to following our journey, feel free to click HERE for a timeline of what we did this past year in hopes of conceiving our second child. You'll be able to see it's been quite the year.

5 comments:

waiting and wishing said...

Bobbi, I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing... thanks for posting! I am sure what you are going though right now is beyond hard. Good bye 2010, I'm praying that 2011 is year it all works out for both of us!

Life Happens said...

Praying that you will be abundantly blessed in 2011. Stay focused on the future!

Happy New Year!

Bird said...

glad to see you have held on to your positivity and allowed yourself some room for grief. 2011 Clean slate.

Heather said...

Bobbi- I am praying for you and continuing to ask God to answer your prayers and reveal His plans for your family. I'm also asking Him to be close to you and give you peace and comfort. I am so, so sorry for what you are going through.

Rach said...

Happy 2011!! Hope it's better for both of us!